cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(20) $50 collections will not leave my CR for 4 more years. How will I own a home?

tag
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

Re: (20) $50 collections will not leave my CR for 4 more years. How will I own a home?

You can still own a home. However the collections will have to be paid in order to get most mortgages. While it won't raise your FICO score if you pay them, lenders will be more likely to offer you a loan.

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: (20) $50 collections will not leave my CR for 4 more years. How will I own a home?

The issue is not really the unreasonableness of the CA and OC (these things are not surprising) but that this is being reported on your report when it isn't youre debt.

Get a letter from the employer saying that this isn't your debt that it is theirs, and that it is being incorretly reported, and dispute it with the CRA. 

Since the others are not being reasonable its the CRA you should pursue this with.  (And if they don't remove it ,then you can escalate, but start out nice, since you have proof this is not your debt.) 

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.