Did you mean: 

2008 Here We Come!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

2008 Here We Come!

My credit resolutions
  • Keep working on my last collection
  • GW the State repeatedly until someone takes pity on me and removes the released tax lien.
  • Watch Util on my cards and keep it low so my scores will soar
  • No new cards until after Oct 15, 2008 (maybe one since I want to get rid of 2 low limit MCs)
  • Work on CLI for all accounts
  • Let things AGE - losing that bad TL along with 2 years of history hurt

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 2008 Here We Come!

Put it in 
WRITING
and
COMMIT
to doing it
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

RE I hear you loud and clearRe: 2008 Here We Come!

I love the beginning of a New Year and from what I have learned from Myfico Forums have been me the go get attitude in 2008!  My score will increase because members like you have taught me how to do the happy credit score danceSmiley Very Happy
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY! 
Message 3 of 7
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: RE I hear you loud and clearRe: 2008 Here We Come!

I am planning that DW and I will get 2xTU and 2xEQ in the 800s more or less all the time (currently the range is 783 to 797).  My 2007 new cards start getting over a year old in January  Smiley Happy, and the AMEX will report as open 12/10 and the Car Loan 12/29.  So I think it is possible.

EX will stay in the low to mid 700s unless I can persuade it that a HELOC is not a CC.  Smiley Sad

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Happy New Year to you as well.

I am so excited about next year. Things will so good this year I hope.

I have been Mr. Charge it and Mr. Got to have it now for so many years....I have finally woke up and 2008 is the get it together year. It took nine years to get to this point.

I have about $31k in credit card debt and this is horrifying. Somehow I have always made the payments on time all these years although mostly the minimum payment. I have default APR due to credit limits on all cards maxed.

In March, I have decided to take a loan from my 401k plan to pay off all of this mess and I will never never get this deep again. I will pay this 401k loan off in 15 months. It will be a struggle but for the first time maybe in my life I will not have all this debt although I have the 401k loan to repay at a much lower percentage rate.

I had several 30 day lates on a car loan that is now closed several years ago and the last 30 day will be two years old in March and along with the pay-off on my credit cards, FICO simulator says I will go from the low 650's to 740 to 760 once I pay this debt down. Wow. I do not think I have ever been in the 700's.

2008: Borrow from 401k and pay off all debt.
2009: When 401k loan is paid off, buy first house.

These will be an exciting two years ahead. A new beginning...

The best advice I have is do not get deep in credit card debt like I did and somehow try to make your payments on time no matter what it takes. Somehow I held on and now I have a solution. Sometimes I thought I could not hang on any longer due to the stress but I somehow found ways to make the minimum payments.

I wish you all a Happy New Year and I hope you to are able to make a plan and stick with it for the New Year. In time things will work out and sometimes it is not easy but there is always a light at the end of the tunnel.

Rick

Message Edited by RR on 12-31-2007 09:40 AM
Message 5 of 7
braznyc
Frequent Contributor

Happy New Year to All!! May all your fico dreams come true.

As for me I've already written it down, and started the progress. I just plan on removing and rebuilding, all which I'm learning from this forum.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

My fico-related resolution for 2008, is to apply for credit cards at both Christian Community Credit Union, and the credit union for my job, which is the National Institutes of Health Federal Credit Union....I am in the process of trying to decide what type of business I want to start and even though I will rely on my savings, I wanted some lines of credit from a credit union to fall back on if I should ever need it. My scores are in the 700s so hopefully I'll get approved for a large line of credit. *keeping fingers crossed*
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.