Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

21 yr old credit

tag
shinehero
New Visitor

21 yr old credit

Hi,

I'm honestly trying to gauge how well I'm doing in my credit history. I'm 21 and I have a myFICO score of 720. I have a $24,000 car loan and I'm a cosigner on a student loan with my fiancee. I have 5 credit cards. 2 from capital one(visa plat and PS card), a target redcard(I work there, and no, I haven't had any fraud), and I just got approved for the barclay apple card for a new macbook for school, and also an AMEX green card (considered going for gold, but didn't want to take my chances). I have never missed a payment on anything, and and the downsides on my report I have been given are my length of credit history(got my first card at 18, the cap visa plat), and my credit inquiries(I got a little carried away recently). Is this a good start?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: 21 yr old credit

Welcome to the forum 

You're doing very good and an FYI you can upgrade your green to gold if you like without a HP the only downside is you won't get any signing bonus for the gold.

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 4
shinehero
New Visitor

Thanks for the advice and welcoming. I may just try to do that after I get a little history with AMEX.

Message 3 of 4
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Sounds good to me.  Just keep responsibly managing things and an eye on your credit.

@shinehero wrote:

and also an AMEX green card (considered going for gold, but didn't want to take my chances)

Underwriting's the same for all of their charge cards (except, of course, the Centurion).

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.