Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$220,000 in student loan debt

tag
holuh3
Established Member

Re: $220,000 in student loan debt

Amen.

I am a physiatrist (Board-certified as of today), so I know about TBI.  On the one hand, I think that there will be some new awareness now, which will really help, but I know there are going to be so many issues in a few years that we can't foresee.  (a related-and-sort-of-funny story-when I was a resident on the TBI ward, there were clowns who would come to visit the patients, but I had to ask them to stop-I thought maybe it was counter-productive to trying to re-orient the patients)

One of the things that is not anticipated, I think, is that if we have health care for everyone, who is going to do it?  Primary Care is practically a volunteer position.  Health care reform has to address the cost of medical education and the reimbursement for non-procedure oriented specialties.
Message 31 of 33
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@holuh3 wrote:
Amen.
I am a physiatrist (Board-certified as of today), so I know about TBI. On the one hand, I think that there will be some new awareness now, which will really help, but I know there are going to be so many issues in a few years that we can't foresee. (a related-and-sort-of-funny story-when I was a resident on the TBI ward, there were clowns who would come to visit the patients, but I had to ask them to stop-I thought maybe it was counter-productive to trying to re-orient the patients)
One of the things that is not anticipated, I think, is that if we have health care for everyone, who is going to do it? Primary Care is practically a volunteer position. Health care reform has to address the cost of medical education and the reimbursement for non-procedure oriented specialties.

Congrats on passing your boards! All of us aging boomers with falling-apart bodies will be thanking you soon enough.

Very true --as long as reimbursement is driven by CPT codes, and E/M codes are pounded down so badly, it will be the cutters and tinkerers who get kinda-decent reimbursement.

In the meantime, get with someone who understands documentation requirements and reimbursement, so that you know how to do your notes. Don't ever, ever fake it, but if you're doing the work, make sure that you know the proper way to document it, so that you don't leave money on the table. Smiley Wink
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 32 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley Happy I love this post .... & the comments in it.

Message 33 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.