Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

28 point drop!!!!!!!!!???????

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: 28 point drop!!!!!!!!!???????

@illcrew3 wrote:
I have been diputing a couple items. I did get the same 2-5 year messge. So basically this is gonna be my new score for a while. I had so much fun being in the 700 club for 2 weeks. I got the inquiries removed by online disputing.
Yep, you've been re-bucketed.

FWIW, I pulled all 3 scores today (about 10 days early; that was dumb), and three weeks after the score drop, both EX and TU have gone back up 5 points, EQ 3. My only baddies are lates, and EQ hates lates, and my new bucket hates lates, so EQ is just my sad, sad score. My original EQ drop was 15 points. Your 28 seems really brutal. EX dislkes inqs, but you say yours are gone, so I just don't know.

edit for difficulty typing with large cat sharing space with laptop...

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 11-10-2007 01:20 PM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 19
illcrew3
Regular Contributor

OK OK OK this FICO crap is really confusing me. Now I just had a 28 point increase.
Message 12 of 19
illcrew3
Regular Contributor

Smiley Very HappyShould I go on an app spree before it drops again?
Message 13 of 19
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

OK, here is one sobering possibility: you have a split file. This happens when the file gets so big that it breaks up electronically. One part might have a lot of good stuff, and the other part might have a lot of bad, and so the scores from each would be very different. Another poster a month or so ago had something like a 110-point swing! Smiley Surprised

The fact that your score went back up exactly the same number of points makes it sound like either a split file, or the CRA had an electronic hiccup during the earlier pull and a wrong score resulted, and now it's better and things are back to normal. You should probably hope for that second one.

Split files can happen for several reasons, one being frequent credit report pulls. I figure it's coming my way, although my file isn't all that big. If it keeps happening, you'll have to get the CRA to pull it back together again.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 14 of 19
illcrew3
Regular Contributor

haulingthescoreup wrote:
OK, here is one sobering possibility: you have a split file. This happens when the file gets so big that it breaks up electronically. One part might have a lot of good stuff, and the other part might have a lot of bad, and so the scores from each would be very different. Another poster a month or so ago had something like a 110-point swing! Smiley Surprised

The fact that your score went back up exactly the same number of points makes it sound like either a split file, or the CRA had an electronic hiccup during the earlier pull and a wrong score resulted, and now it's better and things are back to normal. You should probably hope for that second one.

Split files can happen for several reasons, one being frequent credit report pulls. I figure it's coming my way, although my file isn't all that big. If it keeps happening, you'll have to get the CRA to pull it back together again.

Ugh this sounds like a major headache waiting to happen. How can I find out if I have split reports? If I happen to have split reports, how do I get them fixed?
Message 15 of 19
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I don't think I ever read how people figured this out for sure, although one poster had something called File 1 and File 2, which seemed like a pretty good hint!

You need one of the techie people like fused on this one. If he doesn't post here in a bit, you can pm him (or anyone) by clicking on the little envelope on the top right of the screen.

You might also want to do a search here on split file. With luck, you'll see that you have a different issue. But if it's a split file, they are fixable --just a real pain in the *ss.
Message 16 of 19
illcrew3
Regular Contributor

I'll give the techies a couple days before I start bothering them with PM's. They will most likely read this sooooooner or later.
Message 17 of 19
babbles
Established Contributor

hello, Amazing! I just called Equifax today to protest my scores and some inquires. My score dropped 12pts in 10 days between 10/30/07 & 11/10/2007 which caused a dissaproval by a creditor on Saturday. Scores went from 669 to 657. Equifax's scores are consistently lower than the other 2 files. The only thing that happened in between that time is my mortgage account closed and is transferring to another lender which has not reflected on on any of the 3 files as of yet. Any luck on your score? Thanx. Babbles
Message 18 of 19
illcrew3
Regular Contributor

Yeah I posted in this same thread that it went back up the 28 points hat it originally dropped.
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.