Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

29 Point Drop in Experian and I Have No Idea Why

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

29 Point Drop in Experian and I Have No Idea Why

On 03/26/08 MyFico score for Experian was 645.  I ran it today and it was 616.  I compard the two reports side by side and the only difference I see was that Macys put 2 lates (30 days) back on from March 2004  that they had deleted 2 months ago.  I will of course get that taken back off but would something being put back on there from 2004 cause a 29 point drop??  

And do any creditors really use Experian anyway?  I know that for mortgages they run all three but I haven't noticed any creditors doing that. 
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 29 Point Drop in Experian and I Have No Idea Why

ee wrote:
On 03/26/08 MyFico score for Experian was 645.  I ran it today and it was 616.  I compard the two reports side by side and the only difference I see was that Macys put 2 lates (30 days) back on from March 2004  that they had deleted 2 months ago.  I will of course get that taken back off but would something being put back on there from 2004 cause a 29 point drop??  

And do any creditors really use Experian anyway?  I know that for mortgages they run all three but I haven't noticed any creditors doing that. 

A 29 point drop for two lates from more than three years ago is certainly plausible, irritating too. Depending on where you live, EX might or might not be heavily utilized. I live in Hawaii and EQ use to be the most utilized CRA but this is no longer true, EX reigns supreme.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 29 Point Drop in Experian and I Have No Idea Why

But when the 2 late pays were removed initially there was no score change.  Why is it that when it comes back my score drops by 29 points.  Just doesn't make any sense.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.