Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd Cap One STILL not Reporting

tag
hpotterfan77
Regular Contributor

2nd Cap One STILL not Reporting

Ok, so I am a little confused.  Back in September, I got 2 Cap One cards and a card from NFCU.  Only one of the Cap One cards has been reported along with the NFCU card.  Any idea WHY one has reported but not the other one?  I've had both for relatively the same amount of time.

Starting Scores (9/19): EQ - 474/TU - 528/EX - 502
Current Scores (09/22): EQ - 617- TU - 638/EX - 647
Comenity M/C - $6730.00, BJs Perks MC - $2800.00, Credit One - $1200.00, Credit One - $800.00, NFCU -$6300.00, Care Credit - $5000.00, William Sonoma - $3500.00, Overstock - $4100.00, Pottery Barn - $2000.00>
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 2nd Cap One STILL not Reporting

not sure, it may take a few cycles. my husband put me as an AU in june and it didnt report until yesterday! 5 months..

Message 2 of 6
Pway
Valued Contributor

That second account should be reporting very soon.  Seeing that this is the second month after your approval, it should report on your next billing cycle.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

The way to get a capital one to report right away is to leave a little bit of a balance on it during the time the new statement comes out. Check the date of your statement and leave a few dollars on it during that time. If your current balance is zero when the statement closes it will not report anything. My first capital one platinum didn't report until I did this. My 2nd one reported as soon as the first statement came out because I left a balance and so did my roommates. Hope this helps.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

CapOne is fluky. My 2 (approved same date) hit my reports before I even got the cards. Conversely hubbie's one card didn't show up for about 2 months. It's as if he caught them in the middle of a cycle or something.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@hpotterfan77 wrote:

Ok, so I am a little confused.  Back in September, I got 2 Cap One cards and a card from NFCU.  Only one of the Cap One cards has been reported along with the NFCU card.  Any idea WHY one has reported but not the other one?  I've had both for relatively the same amount of time.

Have you had any different amounts of use/payment on one vs the other?  I'd be cause to know, as I have 2 that are over a month old and not reporting yet.  I actually was worked up enough where I deciced to call a CSR and ask them what the deal was.  From what I recall, they mentioned some dates to do with my bill, then they'd report 2-3 days later, and then it would be up to the bureaus how quickly they showed them off to the world.  

Somewhere else I seem to remember reading about people paying a dollar over to have something happen faster, but I can't remember if it was having an account show up or what.  I am SOOO waiting for these 2 accounts to finally show up, and am guessing they are going to help my score nicely.  The wait is becoming quite frustrating(not enough to make me bitter at the company, I'm very grateful to them), so I think I can relate to how you might be feeling.  Please let us know if it gets added soon.  

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.