Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 more Weeks of 2016 ~~~> I

tag
Creditbuilder36
Frequent Contributor

3 more Weeks of 2016 ~~~> I

As 2017 approaches (literally we have 3 more weeks of 2016 ) I sat down and set some pre new year credit goals .For me this past year was about building credit maintaining what I've had and getting rid of some baddies . I was able to get rid of 3 of the 5 that I have . My New Years goal is to get rid of the 2 I have left . I was able to establish new credit within the last year while maintaining my old accounts . Ex my car my consolidation loan which will be finished in the first week of January . My car will be payed off in June if not sooner after 5 long years One thing I've learned is that this is a marathon not a sprint you have to be responsible and pace yourself . My goal for the new Year is to remain in the garden . I would like to purchase a home and really want to focus on my score for that. I just want to thank you all In this forum i have learned so much . If your just starting your rebuilding journey just hang in there I did and it does pay off 😊
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Re: 3 more Weeks of 2016 ~~~> I

Hey congrats on all of your success in this year 2016, and good thought to you for 2017, I have repaired and been building my credit since te begining of 2016. And for 2017 I also want to garden what I have and just work on my est credit accounts for CLI and such . Want to buy a home in the next 2 years so I gotta get my scores up. But hey in Jan of 16 I had scores of 480s across the boards now they are all mid 600s and I have cleaned my profiles up , just one more thing I want to work on this coming year . Congrats to you and good luck !
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

2016 was my year to start my journey. I filed BK7 and started rebuilding credit. I have 2 CC, one land contract on a rental house and a pre-approval on a 2nd house. 2017 is going to be a year of building my income and growing my credit, maybe 1 or 2 more cards and payoff my current auto loan. Other then that I am going to try and garden for the majority of the year.

Message 3 of 9
Creditbuilder36
Frequent Contributor

Good luck to you both and thank you for your words of encouragement it's so inspiring to see and read the journey of others this Forum really keeps me motivated and focused 😊✔️
Message 4 of 9
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Hey congrats on your work paying off so quickly!

Took me 4 years to get my collection off, and next year my tax lien and my old lates come off and I'm CLEAN on two files hah.  Started this journey nearly 5 years ago, it's a long time for me as there was nothing I could about the Cali state tax lien anyway but it's done soonish... need to go look at the base reports and see when it's scheduled to come off, EE time! Cat LOL

        
Message 5 of 9
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

Congrats to each of you. May your successes be many.   For me the hurting damages of four thirty day, one sixty day, and one ninety day lates have been retired two months early giving me an early Christmas present into the 800 club. EQuifax will enter 800 territory in January 2017 with Experian following a few months later. 

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 6 of 9
Simply827
Established Contributor

My string of student loan lates on 4 accounts will finally fall off in 2017 and I'll have a clean file. Here's to 800! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 515
Current Score: EQ08 711 EX08 731 TU08 735
Goal Score: 740+

Amex BCP $25k | Discover IT $15.7k | Cap 1 QS $10k | PSECU $10k | Citi DC $9300 | Citi DP $6800 | Barclay Ring $6500 | PayPal Extras MC $5045 | DCU $5000 | Chase Slate $5000 | Barclays AA $4100 | Chase Freedom $4000 | Union Plus $1000 | Target $500
Message 7 of 9
Creditbuilder36
Frequent Contributor

I'm so happy to see everyone's growth I should be entering the 700 club by the end of January or quite possibly sooner my high balances on my major cards both Capitol one is what is holding me back it was a tough year and it's ending on a good note. I'm not where I want to be but I'm going to keep at it 😊Some of my old accounts that I have paid off are due to fall off soon as well
Message 8 of 9
Creditbuilder36
Frequent Contributor

I do believe my Transunion will be the first to enter the 700 club followed by Experian ~~> Equifax I'll give till possibly Febuary
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.