Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30 day/ 60 day/ 90 day removal.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

30 day/ 60 day/ 90 day removal.

Hey folks, I've been disputing a 60 day/90 day late payment that is currently on my credit report. It was from a transaction done on one of my unactivated credit cards that I was approved for last year.

So to summarize what happened:

Back In December my Citi card was used to make a $300 purchase. I completely forgot that the card was used and it had a balance on it. So as the months went by,ththe credit bureaus started issuing a 30 day late, then a 60 day late, then a 90 day late. By that time my score average across the board was 570, down from 630. So as my credit score started to tank I decided to check my credit reports to see what's going on.

Equifax: 30 day late payment.

Transunion: 60 day late payment.

Experian 90 day late payment

Within the past week:

So I called Citi and the credit bureau's to dispute.

I told the credit bureau's that fraud my have occurred, and they put note on my credit reports and told me to talk to my credit card issuer in regards of getting the late payments removed.

I told Citi  that I didn't recieve a single phone call in regards to there being a late payment, or that there was a balance on my account. Also told them I received nothing in the mail, no statements, and nothing showed on my online account as my card was not even activated. They had trouble finding the card linked to my account as the card was not activated. Turns out they also had the wrong phone number on file. Out of good will I paid the balance on the card off, as I was not sure who used the card. In return, they told me they would be investigating, they will get in contact with their collection department and see the methods they used to contact me and that I'll be getting a response by the end of this week.

So by the time I called them up, my credit continues to drop to the 560's. Then 1 days later, I get an alert from myFico. Tells me that there's a fraud notice on my credit report. Credit score drops further, bellow the 550's across the board. Then 2 days later, I get an alert from myFico. Tells me that the card's balance has been paid off, also tells me there's an ongoing dispute. My credit scores for Transunion and Experian shoot up back to the 650's, but Equifax is only at 600, and It's still like this to this date. So I purchase a new credit report from Experian. It shows the account as being paid, but also shows that it was 60 day late despite it originally showing being 90 day late. However, it does not show it as derogatory item on my credit report. My 30 day late payment back in 2012 still shows up on my credit report and is flagged as a derogatory item.

So right now I'm confused about what has happened on the next step to take.

Was the late payment removed since it's not showing up as a derogatory item on my credit report?

Although there's no derogatory items on the credit report in regards to this account, since my credit report shows that the account was previously delinquent, will credit card companies still factor it in despite it not being factored in my credit score?

I still haven't received a phone call from Citi  in regards to the investigation, should I call them and see what happened? Will the late payment be listed as a derogratory again if Citi rules against my favor? I'm worried that there was an error and that the derogatory flag was removed on mistake.

Should I just count my blessings and proceed with what I currently have and let it go?

Thank you all for reading and I appreciate your responses.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 30 day/ 60 day/ 90 day removal.

If this is fraud and ID Theft then you need to go thru the procedure as outlined here to have the account removed from your reports. Am going to move this on over to the general credit forum where these things get discussed.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Victim-of-Identity-Theft-What-To-Do-to-Protect...

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: 30 day/ 60 day/ 90 day removal.

When billing related issues occur on credit card accounts, the proper procedure is to file a dispute under the Fair Credit Billing Act (FCBA), which imposes strict requirments on the creditor as to documenting the billing.  FCBA disputes have a timeliness requirment of 60 days after becoming aware of the billing issue, so it is apparently past the FCBA dispute stage.

Activation of a credit card is an internal process to ensure the consumer actually received the cards, and is not required in order to have an open account.

If the card was accepted, the billing was proper.

Unstated in the post is whether you are willing to now make a sworn statement before a law enforcement agency that the use of the card was not authorized by you, and thus was due to fraud or identity theft.  If you are willing for file a police report making that sworn statement, then you can get the reporting blocked from your credit report under the provisions of FCRA 605B without any involvment of the creditor.  A simple, unsworn statement that fraud may have been committed is not adequate to get the reporting blocked.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.