Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30 day late reporting question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

30 day late reporting question

I have an old, old credit card that shows paid and closed on my report. The "remarks" say that the card was lost or stolen. In fact, the card issuer sold the account to another provider, and THAT account is still open and in use.

Back in 2002, in the middle of my divorce, I took a hit for a 30 day late.

HOWEVER, TU is showing this as a 30 day late in the "Late Payments 24 month" section of my CR. (Unless I'm reading this wrong). Then, where the 24 month history shows month-by-month, it shows up AGAIN, even though the year along the bottom of this history clearly states "02."

Now, either I'm reading this wrong or I'm in some kind of time warp and this really isn't 2008. Any thoughts or assistance? Should I dispute this item and if so, how do I go about that because it's not really wrong, in that I WAS 30 days late, but it seems to indicate that I was late in the past 24 months, which is incorrect. I haven't been late on a single bill since my divorce. (Funny how that works sometimes.)
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 30 day late reporting question

If the card is closed, then the 24 month period showing on your report would be the 24 mos prior to DOLA.

Is that what you are seeing???
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

gatoravi8tor1 wrote:
If the card is closed, then the 24 month period showing on your report would be the 24 mos prior to DOLA.

Is that what you are seeing???

Hmmmm. I don't see anything labeled "Date of Last Activity."  It shows "Date Closed" of 09/02 (which is when they sold the account). It shows the 30 day late as October of '02. "Date Updated" is also 09/02.  I hope that answers your question.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cheech,

I'm not sure I understand,    Is the 2 yr period showing from 10/2000 until 10/2002 on report or something else.

If 30 day late is that old it is probably not affecting your score at all.

Did I answer your question???
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

gatoravi8tor1 wrote:
Cheech,

I'm not sure I understand,    Is the 2 yr period showing from 10/2000 until 10/2002 on report or something else.

If 30 day late is that old it is probably not affecting your score at all.

Did I answer your question???

Yes, the 2 yr. period runs from 9/02 to 9/02. I suppose I was concerned because it says "Last 24 Months" and I took that to mean the most recent 24 months (as in, 2006-2008).

But, based on your post, I now understand why these dates appear so mysterious. And, if it isn't affecting my score, I guess I won't toss and turn over it. ;-)

Thank you for your help!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.