New Contributor

30 point jump in a week!

YAY! I'm totally new to this credit repair fico junk. But so far you people have been more helpful than any other internet page about credit! Here's my background....

Last friday i checked all three of myfico scores for the first time(after being tricked by a FAKO site!). I was distraught to find that they were: EXP 633, EQ 617, and TU 580. 580?! I had very little frame of reference as to if these were good or bad, but 580 definitely seemed way lower than 633. So I checked the report and consulted with you fine people, and found that I could put in at least TWO valid disputes about info on the TU. One ridiculous bankruptcy thing from a Sallie mae student loan and one "past due, charge off" that was on my dead father's old discover cards...on which i was an authorized user a few years ago. (incidentally, it was for $5....that's right...FIVE dollars)

WELL......I've been dying to check things out, so I finally bought an updated TU score today and yippee!!! I've already jumped up to 610!

Thanks for all your help and I hope to be a regular here!!!!
Established Contributor

Re: 30 point jump in a week!

very nice!

Established Contributor

Well I am happy for you.

A very big congratulations and you are well on your way!  Keep it up!
Super Contributor

Keep up the good work  :smileyhappy:
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations

Starting Score: 643
Current Score: 657
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor

awesome! :smileyvery-happy:
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.