cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

31 Days late first time in 4 years with Wells Fargo Dealer Services

tag
Tstanley37

31 Days late first time in 4 years with Wells Fargo Dealer Services

Help!  Due to a stupid over sight in my online banking payments I missed a car payment Smiley Sad.  It really shocked me as I never received one phone call or email from Wells Fargo reminding me that my payment was past due!  Never recieved anything in the snail mail either.  Only discovered it by randomly checking my bank statement.  Anyway...What are the chances these guys might give me ONE goodwill pass on this payment?  The payment was made from my online banking on 4/24 (original pmt due date was 3/24).  It cleared WellsFargo on 4/25. I have no late payments on my record currently since 9/2005.  Deeply troubled by this stupid mistake.  Any input or experience on this would be appreciated. Note:  I have had this car loan for 4 years with no late payments.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
user5387
Valued Contributor

Re: 31 Days late first time in 4 years with Wells Fargo Dealer Services

I would write them a nice goodwill letter.

Message 2 of 3
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: 31 Days late first time in 4 years with Wells Fargo Dealer Services

@Tstanley37 wrote:

Help!  Due to a stupid over sight in my online banking payments I missed a car payment Smiley Sad.  It really shocked me as I never received one phone call or email from Wells Fargo reminding me that my payment was past due!  Never recieved anything in the snail mail either.  Only discovered it by randomly checking my bank statement.  Anyway...What are the chances these guys might give me ONE goodwill pass on this payment?  The payment was made from my online banking on 4/24 (original pmt due date was 3/24).  It cleared WellsFargo on 4/25. I have no late payments on my record currently since 9/2005.  Deeply troubled by this stupid mistake.  Any input or experience on this would be appreciated. Note:  I have had this car loan for 4 years with no late payments.

Do you know for certain if they reported a 30-day late to the CRAs?    If so then you should definetly call and ask for GW ~ hopefully it won't be a prob given your history of on~time payments for 4yrs.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.