Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3rd time collection is being reported.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

3rd time collection is being reported.

So made right now, I had a collection account on all three of my CB’s from Access Receivables (original creditor is Strayer University) for a little over $1200. I sent out DV letters and it took me months to finally have all three of them removed. I didn’t even notice my scores really go up at all either. This was about a month ago that I had all three of them removed. Well today I got an alert from myfico and a new collection company (Williams and Fudge) picked up this debt and it just got reported as a new collection on my Equifax and my score dropped by 26 points **bleep**.

Getting it removed only got me a few points raised, but getting it added back on from another company lost me 26 points. Im worried what my scores will be like when it hits Transunion and Experian.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Re: 3rd time collection is being reported.

Ugh.  Time to start the DV process all over again.  Maybe the other collection agency couldn't get debt verification from Strayer so they sold the debt?

Hopefully you get it taken care off quickly.

Message 2 of 3
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: 3rd time collection is being reported.

@Anonymous wrote:

I didn’t even notice my scores really go up at all either.

Was that collection the only issue on your reports at the time?  Any score is gneerated based on the data in your report.  If the collection was removed and your scores didn't improve then there are other factors that are keeping your scores down.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.