cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

42 point difference with identical files?

tag
willwar14
Valued Contributor

42 point difference with identical files?

So my moms experian is at a 783, and her transunion is at a 825 (got these scores from here), and the files are identical with experian having 4 more inq than transunion. I find it hard to believe that 4 inq can cause such a huge dip. 

she only has one derogatory marker, that is on both tu and ex, a 30-day late on her kohls account.

heres where it gets weird, it looks like the 30-day late is having no affect on TU but is affecting EX, on CCT (creditchecktotal) it looks like this for a  3B pull:

Screen Shot 2016-03-16 at 10.35.34 AM.png

any idea why it would have such a big affect still and only on ex?

edit: looks like it hasn't updated on experian since 2010? but its reporting every month?

Screen Shot 2016-03-16 at 10.45.56 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-03-16 at 10.47.17 AM.png

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 42 point difference with identical files?

The difference is because the 30 day late is gone from TU.

Message 2 of 7
willwar14
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Nope the 30-day late is still on TU. 

pulled a fresh copy of her TU report this morning, and its still there.

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@willwar14 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It may still be there, but it is not reported in the info you posted. That's why it reads "time since negative: never".

Message 4 of 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@willwar14 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It may still be there, but it is not reported in the info you posted. That's why it reads "time since negative: never".

Time since last negative is a 3rd party presentation bit I think... there's no mention of that in a TU report dated 3-9 in my case, only statements as to derogatory and date.  

It's possible there's something strange going on like your now you see it now you don't tax lien that plagued your TU account for a while... as the score should be the score from the bureau, not calculated on CCT's side.  

That said, 40 points is certainly feasible for a difference in the bureaus even if the design goals were less than that for identical reports.  Course my FICO 9's are so absurdly out of whack that it's just downright strange... like Equifax/FICO went wrong somewhere on that algorithm or glitch worthy, or it might be down to just inquiry distribution as there's really nothing else different (and that's a 75 point differential, albeit with one very recent inquiry on EX).  In the OP's scenario little things make outsized impacts: every little blemish that the pretty people on TV have is magnified in 1080p and higher, kinda analogous here heh.

        
Message 5 of 7
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

The way the derogs shows up in the screenshots for EX and not for TU would be my guess though, as Revelate points out, I'm not sure that info comes from FICO or CCT.

Do the lates appear to differ on the respective reports?

@willwar14 wrote:

So my moms experian is at a 783, and her transunion is at a 825 (got these scores from here), and the files are identical with experian having 4 more inq than transunion. I find it hard to believe that 4 inq can cause such a huge dip. 

I wouldn't expect 4 inquiries to cause a drop like that if her FICO 8's are in those ranges.

Message 6 of 7
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

It's not inquiries.

Something else is different. Check account summary details for # accounts and credit limits. Also, check for a stray 30 or 60 day late. It is not unusual to see differences in these areas. An aged 60 day late can still ding score 40 to 50 points.

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.