cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4th of July slowing down credit updates?

tag
JasonBourneOfCredit
Frequent Contributor

4th of July slowing down credit updates?

One of my tradelines always updates on the 3-5th of the month and according to my experian it still hasnt updated. Maybe tomorrow?

Anyone else experiencing this?

Lots of anxiety because once it posts (paid a bunch down, waiting for score increase) I'll be getting an auto loan.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
sunshine7157
Regular Contributor

Re: 4th of July slowing down credit updates?

@JasonBourneOfCredit wrote:

One of my tradelines always updates on the 3-5th of the month and according to my experian it still hasnt updated. Maybe tomorrow?

Anyone else experiencing this?

Lots of anxiety because once it posts (paid a bunch down, waiting for score increase) I'll be getting an auto loan.

I'm in the same boat. My mortgage & auto usually report on the 4th & 5th. I would guess that between July 1st falling on a Sunday (not a business day) & the 4th of July also not being a business day, things are slower than usual.

Message 2 of 10
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Just speculation on my part but I think that both creditors and the CRAs will be delayed by a few days due to July 1 being a Sunday and also the July 4 holiday
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 10
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@pizzadude wrote:
Just speculation on my part but I think that both creditors and the CRAs will be delayed by a few days due to July 1 being a Sunday and also the July 4 holiday

Banks =/.  All done by computer anyway, just batch it up and go automagically, but no....

I don't understand the non-business day policy of banks these days.  Even in the smaller lenders where it's just one person triggering one batch, and it's the same script run over and over again against their consumer loan database.

Maybe the next time I work at a lender I'll ask one of the business folks why they do that, but it's nearly universal.  

        
Message 4 of 10
FrugalRican
Blogger

It's one thing when it's a "holiday", but when it's a federal holiday, forget it.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 5 of 10
JasonBourneOfCredit
Frequent Contributor

I'm impatient to begin with, and when I'm waiting on a score increase that could send me over 720 possibly, I'm a NERVOUS FRIGGIN WRECK!! lol

Message 6 of 10
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@pizzadude wrote:

Banks =/.  All done by computer anyway, just batch it up and go automagically, but no....

I don't understand the non-business day policy of banks these days.  Even in the smaller lenders where it's just one person triggering one batch, and it's the same script run over and over again against their consumer loan database.

Maybe the next time I work at a lender I'll ask one of the business folks why they do that, but it's nearly universal.  

That one guy want his vacation/day off/holiday too. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know what your saying  it's slowing down my Loan Officer review for my Platinum PenFed CC application!!

Gerrrrrrrrrr

All the loan officers took the week off I think?

Message 8 of 10
JasonBourneOfCredit
Frequent Contributor

Banking must be the best job ever.

Work 2 hours. Take 2 hour lunch break. Hit on married secretary. Back to work for 1 hour. Home to wife.

Message 9 of 10
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@JasonBourneOfCredit wrote:

Banking must be the best job ever.

Work 2 hours. Take 2 hour lunch break. Hit on married secretary. Back to work for 1 hour. Home to wife.

hahaha

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.