Reply
Regular Contributor
Posts: 240
Registered: ‎02-27-2010
0

4th of July slowing down credit updates?

One of my tradelines always updates on the 3-5th of the month and according to my experian it still hasnt updated. Maybe tomorrow?

 

Anyone else experiencing this?

 

Lots of anxiety because once it posts (paid a bunch down, waiting for score increase) I'll be getting an auto loan.

The dress is GOLD AND WHITE!

Starting Score: 561
Current Score: 735 FICO
Goal Score: 740

Decode the algorithm, beat the system. Credit is a game.


Decode the algorithm, beat the system. Credit is a game.
Regular Contributor
Posts: 140
Registered: ‎11-11-2011
0

Re: 4th of July slowing down credit updates?


JasonBourneOfCredit wrote:

One of my tradelines always updates on the 3-5th of the month and according to my experian it still hasnt updated. Maybe tomorrow?

 

Anyone else experiencing this?

 

Lots of anxiety because once it posts (paid a bunch down, waiting for score increase) I'll be getting an auto loan.


I'm in the same boat. My mortgage & auto usually report on the 4th & 5th. I would guess that between July 1st falling on a Sunday (not a business day) & the 4th of July also not being a business day, things are slower than usual.

Super Contributor
Posts: 9,674
Registered: ‎01-28-2010
0

Re: 4th of July slowing down credit updates?

Just speculation on my part but I think that both creditors and the CRAs will be delayed by a few days due to July 1 being a Sunday and also the July 4 holiday
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 11,932
Registered: ‎12-30-2011
0

Re: 4th of July slowing down credit updates?


pizzadude wrote:
Just speculation on my part but I think that both creditors and the CRAs will be delayed by a few days due to July 1 being a Sunday and also the July 4 holiday


Banks =/.  All done by computer anyway, just batch it up and go automagically, but no....

 

I don't understand the non-business day policy of banks these days.  Even in the smaller lenders where it's just one person triggering one batch, and it's the same script run over and over again against their consumer loan database.

 

Maybe the next time I work at a lender I'll ask one of the business folks why they do that, but it's nearly universal.  

 

 

Starting Score: EQ 04 561, TU 98 567, EX 98 599 (12/30/11)
Current Score: EQ 04 700, TU 04 731, EX 98 725 (05/24/15)
Goal Score: 700 on EQ 04 (01/01/16)


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Blogger
Posts: 2,876
Registered: ‎02-02-2012
0

Re: 4th of July slowing down credit updates?

It's one thing when it's a "holiday", but when it's a federal holiday, forget it.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com


EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Regular Contributor
Posts: 240
Registered: ‎02-27-2010
0

Re: 4th of July slowing down credit updates?

I'm impatient to begin with, and when I'm waiting on a score increase that could send me over 720 possibly, I'm a NERVOUS FRIGGIN WRECK!! lol

The dress is GOLD AND WHITE!

Starting Score: 561
Current Score: 735 FICO
Goal Score: 740

Decode the algorithm, beat the system. Credit is a game.


Decode the algorithm, beat the system. Credit is a game.
Established Contributor
Posts: 855
Registered: ‎06-29-2010
0

Re: 4th of July slowing down credit updates?


Revelate wrote:

pizzadude wrote:
Just speculation on my part but I think that both creditors and the CRAs will be delayed by a few days due to July 1 being a Sunday and also the July 4 holiday


Banks =/.  All done by computer anyway, just batch it up and go automagically, but no....

 

I don't understand the non-business day policy of banks these days.  Even in the smaller lenders where it's just one person triggering one batch, and it's the same script run over and over again against their consumer loan database.

 

Maybe the next time I work at a lender I'll ask one of the business folks why they do that, but it's nearly universal.  

 

 


That one guy want his vacation/day off/holiday too. :smileyhappy:

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 673
Registered: ‎04-23-2009
0

Re: 4th of July slowing down credit updates?

I know what your saying  it's slowing down my Loan Officer review for my Platinum PenFed CC application!!

 

Gerrrrrrrrrr

 

All the loan officers took the week off I think?


Starting Score: EQ FICO 777
Current Score: EQ FICO 803
Goal Score: EQ FICO 810


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Regular Contributor
Posts: 240
Registered: ‎02-27-2010
0

Re: 4th of July slowing down credit updates?

[ Edited ]

Banking must be the best job ever.

 

Work 2 hours. Take 2 hour lunch break. Hit on married secretary. Back to work for 1 hour. Home to wife.

 

 

The dress is GOLD AND WHITE!

Starting Score: 561
Current Score: 735 FICO
Goal Score: 740

Decode the algorithm, beat the system. Credit is a game.


Decode the algorithm, beat the system. Credit is a game.
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,927
Registered: ‎06-21-2012
0

Re: 4th of July slowing down credit updates?


JasonBourneOfCredit wrote:

Banking must be the best job ever.

 

Work 2 hours. Take 2 hour lunch break. Hit on married secretary. Back to work for 1 hour. Home to wife.

 

 



hahaha

| Walmart $5k | Amazon $5k | NFCU $20k | NLOC $15k | Lowes $17k | BoA $15k | Freedom $3k | IT $5.25k | CSP $5k | Marriott $5k | AMEX TE $18k | Alaska $5k |
Starting Scores: EQ:571 EX:??? TU:597
Current Scores: EQ:694 EX:714 TU:711
Goal Scores: 700
across the board
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.