Regular Contributor
JasonBourneOfCredit

4th of July slowing down credit updates?

One of my tradelines always updates on the 3-5th of the month and according to my experian it still hasnt updated. Maybe tomorrow?

Anyone else experiencing this?

Lots of anxiety because once it posts (paid a bunch down, waiting for score increase) I'll be getting an auto loan.

Hey goofballs, Jason Bourne is from the Bourne movies. Yeah that guy. Of credit. Get it?

Starting Score: 561
Current Score: 734 FICO
Goal Score: 740

Decode the algorithm, beat the system. Credit is a game.

Regular Contributor
sunshine7157

Re: 4th of July slowing down credit updates?

JasonBourneOfCredit wrote:

One of my tradelines always updates on the 3-5th of the month and according to my experian it still hasnt updated. Maybe tomorrow?

Anyone else experiencing this?

Lots of anxiety because once it posts (paid a bunch down, waiting for score increase) I'll be getting an auto loan.

I'm in the same boat. My mortgage & auto usually report on the 4th & 5th. I would guess that between July 1st falling on a Sunday (not a business day) & the 4th of July also not being a business day, things are slower than usual.

Starting Score: April 2011- EX FAKO 639, EQ FAKO 645, TU98 FICO 665
Current Score: Jan 2013- EQ FICO 746, EX FICO is the best kept secret in the world, I guess, TU FICO ???, Vantage 790
Goal Score: 760 by years' end. I didn't make the 760 club in 2013 but I'm pounding down the door in 2014.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

To talk before you think is to shoot before you aim. Words can hurt or they can help. What did yours do today?
pizzadude

Just speculation on my part but I think that both creditors and the CRAs will be delayed by a few days due to July 1 being a Sunday and also the July 4 holiday
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Revelate

pizzadude wrote:
Just speculation on my part but I think that both creditors and the CRAs will be delayed by a few days due to July 1 being a Sunday and also the July 4 holiday

Banks =/.  All done by computer anyway, just batch it up and go automagically, but no....

I don't understand the non-business day policy of banks these days.  Even in the smaller lenders where it's just one person triggering one batch, and it's the same script run over and over again against their consumer loan database.

Maybe the next time I work at a lender I'll ask one of the business folks why they do that, but it's nearly universal.  

Starting Score: EQ 561, TU 567, EX 599* (12/30/11, EX lender pull 12/29/11)
Current Score: EQ 04 673, EQ 8 707, TU 720, EX 702* (09/02/14, EX older)
Goal Score: 700 on EQ '04 (01/01/15)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Blogger
FrugalRican

It's one thing when it's a "holiday", but when it's a federal holiday, forget it.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Regular Contributor
JasonBourneOfCredit

I'm impatient to begin with, and when I'm waiting on a score increase that could send me over 720 possibly, I'm a NERVOUS FRIGGIN WRECK!! lol

Hey goofballs, Jason Bourne is from the Bourne movies. Yeah that guy. Of credit. Get it?

Established Contributor
stan_the_man

Revelate wrote:

pizzadude wrote:

Banks =/.  All done by computer anyway, just batch it up and go automagically, but no....

I don't understand the non-business day policy of banks these days.  Even in the smaller lenders where it's just one person triggering one batch, and it's the same script run over and over again against their consumer loan database.

Maybe the next time I work at a lender I'll ask one of the business folks why they do that, but it's nearly universal.  

That one guy want his vacation/day off/holiday too. :smileyhappy:

Frequent Contributor
BigDaddy18

I know what your saying  it's slowing down my Loan Officer review for my Platinum PenFed CC application!!

Gerrrrrrrrrr

All the loan officers took the week off I think?

Starting Score: EQ FICO 777
Current Score: EQ FICO 803
Goal Score: EQ FICO 810

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Regular Contributor
JasonBourneOfCredit

[ Edited ]

Banking must be the best job ever.

Work 2 hours. Take 2 hour lunch break. Hit on married secretary. Back to work for 1 hour. Home to wife.

Valued Contributor
j_casteel

JasonBourneOfCredit wrote:

Banking must be the best job ever.

Work 2 hours. Take 2 hour lunch break. Hit on married secretary. Back to work for 1 hour. Home to wife.

hahaha

| Walmart $5k | Amazon $5k | NFCU $20k | NLOC $15k | Lowes $17k | BoA $17.5k | Freedom $3k | IT $4k | CSP $5k | Marriott $5k | AMEX TE $9k | Alaska $5k |
Starting Scores: EQ:571 EX:??? TU:597
Current Scores: EQ:694 EX:714 TU:711
Goal Scores: 700
across the board

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}