cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 months credit history, is it normal I can't order my report online ?

tag
pat0812
Regular Contributor

5 months credit history, is it normal I can't order my report online ?

Hello.

I've been building my credit for 5 months now

One thing i had issues with is requesting my credit reports online and using MYFICO services

Whenever i try to buy my report online, it always give me an error that my identity cannot be verified, and only gives me an option to order by mail

I tried with equifax and transunion

When i try to sign up for MYFICO services, i get the same error, that i have to call customer service to verify my identity

when i call them, they tell me i need to have at least 6 months of credit history and a social security number for a year

Has anyone had experience with those problems when they just started credit? is this normal? next month i will have 6 reported months on my credit file, will it automatically work after that ?

Oh and i also have a walmart store card, and you can get a free TU FICO score from them, and also that service doesn't work for me yet, it gives me an error that it can't access my score with TU

Hope somebody can answer me on this or can share own experience

FICO 8's EX 770 EQ 751 TU 771 (1/16/17)
Amex Gold Premier rewards ( Charge Card)
Amex Blue cash - $47,800 Wells Fargo - $15,000 Citibank Simplicity - $13,800 Barclays Apple - $13,000 Walmart Mastercard - $8000 Chase Slate - $7,200 Discover It - $5,500 Capital One - $5,250
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
bobebob
Frequent Contributor

Re: 5 months credit history, is it normal I can't order my report online ?

Patience Grasshopper, Smiley Happy  FICO's scoring method won't generate a score without 6 months of data.

It is normal.  After the 6 month point you should be able to get a score.

bobebob || Nov: My FICO SW EQ(Upgraded Version) = 822 ||Sept: Walmart TU Fico=838Goal = FICO's>800 || In my wallet: CostcoAmEx(20k), DCU Visa Platinum (10k), BoA Visa Signature (17.1k), Walmart Discover (7.5k), AmEx Corporate (5k). All PIF every month.
Message 2 of 5
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

+1  You need at least 6 months history to genearate any scores.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 5
HiLine
Blogger

Interesting. Now I know why, when I applied for a credit card without any credit history, the bank could not give me a FICO score but used a very uncommon metric to evaluate my credit score. 

Message 4 of 5
distantarray
Established Contributor

@pat0812 wrote:

Hello.

I've been building my credit for 5 months now

One thing i had issues with is requesting my credit reports online and using MYFICO services

Whenever i try to buy my report online, it always give me an error that my identity cannot be verified, and only gives me an option to order by mail

I tried with equifax and transunion

When i try to sign up for MYFICO services, i get the same error, that i have to call customer service to verify my identity

when i call them, they tell me i need to have at least 6 months of credit history and a social security number for a year

Has anyone had experience with those problems when they just started credit? is this normal? next month i will have 6 reported months on my credit file, will it automatically work after that ?

Oh and i also have a walmart store card, and you can get a free TU FICO score from them, and also that service doesn't work for me yet, it gives me an error that it can't access my score with TU

Hope somebody can answer me on this or can share own experience

Just remember to get your FICO scores, and don't rely on anything else, but IMO apply for DCU for a checking or savings or both for free monthly EQ04 fico score and call it a day since you got walmart card already for free monthly TU98

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.