Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$500 for 90 days

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

$500 for 90 days

Borrowed $500 for 90 days from our credit union, just trying to get a little boost. Question is, should i take the full 90 days to pay it back or pay it back early? How will that affect my  ratio  and utilaztion.  Don't owe anything else.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: $500 for 90 days

By the time it reports to the CRAs you may have already passed the 90 day window. Do you know how long your CU usually takes to report TLs ?

I see no advantage to paying the loan off early.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizzadude wrote:
By the time it reports to the CRAs you may have already passed the 90 day window. Do you know how long your CU usually takes to report TLs ?

I see no advantage to paying the loan off early.

+1

I would also recommend waiting. I would pay off around 3/4th then that last 1/4th when you know for sure that it has been reported.

Message 3 of 4
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

I'll play devil's advocate here. As long as you don't deplete your savings I'm always in favor of paying off any debt as fast as possible. Being debt free should be your #1 priority. But that's just me. Any different approach to this is just as valid as mine.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.