Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6 weeks and Amex not reporting new account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

6 weeks and Amex not reporting new account

Hey all, I searched the forums and the most recent post about this issue was 2014.  The general consensus was that they report a few days after the first statement cuts.  My first statement cut on 6/6, but still no trace of a new account reported from them.  Do they tend to run later these days?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 6 weeks and Amex not reporting new account

From everything I read, the usual is after the second statement. My ED is a few days away from cutting my second and it still hasn't reported. 

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know if this works with Amex but you could try paying it off in Full.  Some companies report shortly after you do that.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, both!  Amex was PIF 2 weeks early.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Might just have to wait then. Not that much longer now, it should report after 2nd cut.

Message 5 of 8
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I thought I saw that it can take a couple of months. So after the 2nd ststement may make sense.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 6 of 8
Marcos8
Established Contributor

The consensus is that Amex can usually take a while to report. For some it's a couple of statements. For me it too until the end of February for a BCP approved in October to show up. I haven't seen anything concrete in regards to Amex to indicate that paying early, PIFing etc makes any difference when they choose to report for the first time. 

Message 7 of 8
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Marcos8 wrote:

The consensus is that Amex can usually take a while to report. For some it's a couple of statements. For me it too until the end of February for a BCP approved in October to show up. I haven't seen anything concrete in regards to Amex to indicate that paying early, PIFing etc makes any difference when they choose to report for the first time. 

It doesn't, that's Chase anyway that does the out of cycle report on PIF, don't know of any other lender that's doing that yet but I might've missed some... I know Amex doesn't heh, or at least it's never happened to me on either of my 2 Amex cards that report to personal.

        
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.