Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

60 days past due help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

60 days past due help

My girl friend is currently enrolled in score watch. While checking her score yesterday, we noticed it suddenly dropped to 609 from 710. So I did a power report, and it showed that she has a 60 day past due account. She has never missed a payment before. While researching we found out that her student loan from NJ HESAA reported that she did not submit a payment of 45 dollars and that it is 60 days past due. She is still in school and had no idea she had to pay part of the loan already, and she also did not receive any statement (neither by email, mail, nor phone call).  She is trying to call the company to see if they can erase the negative report if she just submit the payment given that she never received notice/statement on anything. Can anyone please offer some advice on what else can we do? Thank you in advance

Mark

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 60 days past due help

Just keep calling them. Look over the paperwork and contract too. Maybe there was a repayment date. But, in the right or wrong, I bet if you bug them and be nice each time, they will reverse course.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.