Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

604 TU Score and looking for a decent CC

tag
chartley3
Frequent Contributor

604 TU Score and looking for a decent CC

My TU Fico score is 604 and I wanted to get approved for a decent CC. AMEX is out of the question because I have an old BK that wont fall off until oct 2008. What I want to do is find a company that will use the TU Fico score from MyFico. Any suggestions are welcome.
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 604 TU Score and looking for a decent CC

These sites may help you:

Good luck!
Message 2 of 23
chartley3
Frequent Contributor

Been to both but TU is one of scores that varies depending on who pulls for me and I dont want to take the INQ hit then have to go back and forth with a creditor why there score is significatly lower then my score.
Message 3 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried HSBC? They run TU out here on the west coast.
Message 4 of 23
chartley3
Frequent Contributor

Thanks. I applied online and got the we will review the request and get back to you in 10-14 days. I was prequalified for their Platinum card with the $59 annual fee but no other fees that First Premier charges. Hopefully if they approve it I can get a decent initial CL.
Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hooters and Juniper (Barclays) both pull from TransUnion.
I can not say that 604 is enough to be approved for certain.
But if that is your high score and want to be sure that they pull from TU, they could be options for you.
Message 6 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

What does one need for Hooters score from TU? 

Also - you said you were pre-qualified for Platinum - does that mean you received something in the mail or what???

Thanks!
Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got Hooters card at TU 573.

I also got Amex Delta at EX 574

So, I think you may have a decent chance of getting either one of those. At the time i applied, my revolving debt was $0, maybe that helped me out because i am sure that 8 derogs on my reports didn't favor me.
Message 8 of 23
chartley3
Frequent Contributor

I was pre-approved online for another one of their cards. Only difference was the card I was pre-approved for has a $59 annual fee where the rewards cards had none. As for the hooters card I am in the process of doing a reconn with them as they pulled my TU score from Truecredit and not Fico. Im waiting for them to send me a detailed explaination then I need to call them back. What I want to do is close my two First Premier cards and hopefully have enough of a CL if I get approved with HSBC and/or hooters.
Message 9 of 23
chartley3
Frequent Contributor

Amex wont approve me for a Delta card until next fall when my BK falls off. I already spoke with them for a reconn and that was the old reason why they could not approve it. I plan on applying for Amex next year.
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.