Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

+7 Points - Paid charge-off

tag
glamchick
Established Contributor

+7 Points - Paid charge-off

I paid off a charge off and my points only went up 7 points.  According to the fico stimulator it was suppose to go up 30.  It was remaining under my revolving credit. 

I guess its better than nothing.

I am going to send them a GW letter now to ask them to remove it from my reports. 

Anyone had any experience with applied bank and a GW letter?

Thanks!
Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: +7 Points - Paid charge-off

Did they change the account status?

If the account status is still CO or paid CO - it now has a more recent date-  negating 20 some points you would have gained from the UTL reduction-

glamchick wrote:
I paid off a charge off and my points only went up 7 points.  According to the fico stimulator it was suppose to go up 30.  It was remaining under my revolving credit. 

I guess its better than nothing.

I am going to send them a GW letter now to ask them to remove it from my reports. 

Anyone had any experience with applied bank and a GW letter?

Thanks!

Message 2 of 3
chozyn1
Valued Member

Re: +7 Points - Paid charge-off

Hi All:

I was wondering if i could get some feedback as soon as possible to know which road to take about my situation. Here goes:

Ok, i had a checking account that i opened in January 2007. I have direct deposit of a portion my payroll check going into this account. On  December  22, 2007 my account went into the negative a couple of dollars, $135.00. But we were getting paid again on January 4 2008. Anyways, the bank charged my account off before the 2 weeks was up. Is that possible??? I paid the account but now its on my credit report as a paid charge off for overdrawn account even though i had money still going into that account through direct deposit. How soon can they charge something off if payments are being made? They won't take it off saying they can't and i'm heated cause its showing under mortgages when i dont have one.  Please someone anyone help me. what do i do???

This is what is showing on EQ:

Mortgage Accounts Hide All Account Details

Mortgage accounts include first mortgages, home equity loans, and any other loans secured by real estate you own.

Closed Accounts Account Name Account Number Date Opened Balance Date Reported Past Due Account Status Credit Limit LANDMARK COM MUNITY B Hide Details 1002XXXX  01/2007  $0  02/2008  $0  CHARGE-OFF $0  MDMPHISFIRST COMMUNITY BAN

4135 Elvis Presley Blvd Memphis, TN-381165826 (901) 346-1111

Account Number: 1002XXXX 
Current Status: CHARGE-OFF 
Account Owner: Individual Account. 
High Credit: $0  
Type of Account : Open
Credit Limit: $0  
Term Duration:   Terms
Frequency:  
Date Opened: 2007/01 
Balance: $0  
Date Reported: 02/2008 
Amount Past Due: $0 
Date of Last Payment:  
Actual Payment Amount: $0  
Scheduled Payment Amount: $0  
Date of Last Activity: N/A
Date Major Delinquency First Reported: 01/2008 
Months Reviewed: 1 
Creditor Classification:  
Activity Description: Paid  Charge Off
Amount: $0  
Deferred Payment Start Date:  
Balloon Payment Amount: $0  
Balloon Payment Date:  
Date Closed:   T
ype of Loan: Deposit Related (overdrawn account) 
Date of First Delinquency: 01/2008 
Comments: Consumer disputes - reinvestigation in progress  
81-Month Payment History Year 2007Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec 2008
                                                             *    *    *      *      *      *     *    *      *      *      *     *     *    CO
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.