Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7 years or 10 year

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

7 years or 10 year

Can someone tell me when is a creditor remove from your report? Is it 7 or 10 years from which the account was open or last paid? Thanks
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 7 years or 10 year

read that thar credit scoring 101 sticky note...
Message 2 of 7
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

dog wrote:
read that thar credit scoring 101 sticky note...

Ditto that 

EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, I have a charge off that was suppose to come off in April of this year. It was open in April of 2000 The last payment activity on it was December 2002. Accoring to the articals that I read it says that charge off remain on CR for seven years from the fate of initial missed payment. Do this mean that it could be another year if that is the case?
Message 5 of 7
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Call the CRA and get the DOFD.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

onelove407 wrote:
Ok, I have a charge off that was suppose to come off in April of this year. It was open in April of 2000 The last payment activity on it was December 2002. Accoring to the articals that I read it says that charge off remain on CR for seven years from the fate of initial missed payment. Do this mean that it could be another year if that is the case?

Like Tuscani said, call the CRAs and get the DOFD. 7 years from that date (give or take 180 days) and it drops. It could be an unpaid collection, you pay it at 6 years 364 days, and the next day it still drops. Paying doesn't change the CRTP.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.