New Visitor
onelove407

7 years or 10 year

Can someone tell me when is a creditor remove from your report? Is it 7 or 10 years from which the account was open or last paid? Thanks
Established Contributor
dog

Re: 7 years or 10 year

read that thar credit scoring 101 sticky note...
Valued Contributor
SmartCookie

dog wrote:
read that thar credit scoring 101 sticky note...

Ditto that 

EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
New Visitor
onelove407

Ok, I have a charge off that was suppose to come off in April of this year. It was open in April of 2000 The last payment activity on it was December 2002. Accoring to the articals that I read it says that charge off remain on CR for seven years from the fate of initial missed payment. Do this mean that it could be another year if that is the case?
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

Call the CRA and get the DOFD.
Senior Contributor
Noah_Bodie

onelove407 wrote:
Ok, I have a charge off that was suppose to come off in April of this year. It was open in April of 2000 The last payment activity on it was December 2002. Accoring to the articals that I read it says that charge off remain on CR for seven years from the fate of initial missed payment. Do this mean that it could be another year if that is the case?

Like Tuscani said, call the CRAs and get the DOFD. 7 years from that date (give or take 180 days) and it drops. It could be an unpaid collection, you pay it at 6 years 364 days, and the next day it still drops. Paying doesn't change the CRTP.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+