cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

70+ inquiries from CONSUMERINFO.COM INC?

tag
Cadmius

70+ inquiries from CONSUMERINFO.COM INC?

I was just checking my credit report for the first time and I seen there was over 70 inquiries in a year from CONSUMERINFO.COM INC what is this? I disputed all of them on the Experian website and hopefully they will be removed.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: 70+ inquiries from CONSUMERINFO.COM INC?

Message 2 of 6
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Those would be soft pulls.  They aren't affecting your scores and cannot be seen by any lender who pulls your CR.  No need to dispute those.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 6
fico-fraud
New Visitor

It is probably, you used them once, and now they sell your info to companies that want to extend credit to you. Those inquiries should not effect your ratings, but you should stop them from abusing your credit. Modcut due to solicitation   Shogun.

Message 4 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@fico-fraud wrote:

It is probably, you used them once, and now they sell your info to companies that want to extend credit to you. Those inquiries should not effect your ratings, but you should stop them from abusing your credit. mod cut-solicitation

Offers of communication like this are not allowed on this board.

Message 5 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Any assumption that they are not permissble pulls requires that you first know who they are, and what their stated permissilbe purpose was when making the inquiries.

I would do some research prior to assuming any impropriety.

A dispute of a party having obtained your credit report must provde some basis showing they did not have a permissible purpose under FCRA 604.

If you use a credit monitoring service, for example, you authorize them, as your representative, to obtain your report.

Those are precluded by statute from appearing in any credit report made available to anyone other than you.

Is there any issue of their showing in any credit report obtained by someone else?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.