Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

700 club means nothing

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 700 club means nothing

@Anonymous wrote:
I finally hit over 700. Ex is 703, eq is 704 and tu is 714. Sad thing I have to many inquiries. 19, 33 and 40. My score is not good to anybody. I rather have 650 with 3 inqs. That is what I mean 700 is nothing. I only have myself to blame for trying so hard to build credit with history. Just when I hit 700 on all 3 and can't app on anything. Sad sad sad.

I have more than that in 2 years Smiley LOL but i hit it from june 15 through nov15, then took a little break let them age, then did a few more apps. So if all goes to plan by this november I'll be down to 4 on each and in january of next year those will be a year old. I'm saving the last one for chase hopefully in a years time. 

I tried to space thm evenly across each CRA so they all fell off together. I studied alot on the pull data base and here to see what was being pulled. 

Let them age and youll be golden! 

Message 11 of 21
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

If you can't get anything, it's probably a blessing.  Like its been mentioned, go garden for 6 months to a year, and you will be GOLDEN!

Best Credit Wishes to You!

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 12 of 21
JustinA
Frequent Contributor

Once my recently paid down utilization reports I'll be in the same boat (almost). Hate having inquiries but love seeing approved.

Starting TU: 536
Starting EQ: 573
Goal: 640

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yikes...that's like being the richest man in the world and not having love. :,(

Hang in there and be patient. I find myself in the high-on-inquiries boat as well. They'll slowly begin to come off my CR's and then I'll app for some real-rewards cards. I do consider myself fortunate enough to have the following cards - 

Amex PRG $??; Amex SPG $1,000; Amex BEC $1,000; Chase Freedom $3,000; Chase Freedom Unl $500; CapitalOne QS $1,100; Target $300; AmazonPrime Card $800

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's actually encouraging - do you have a personal real life experience with that?

Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditplz wrote:
I had a 720 and was approved by chase for 40k? BofA for 8k?, NFCU for 20k? And blispay (at the time) for $4.4k?.

I had 60+ inq on EX, 55+ on TU, 50+ on EQ... it's not the Inq as Gmood said, you just have to time it correctly.

You're totally right. Timing those inquiries is crucial if you want a minor impact on credit score. I have about 20 on my Exp. But if not for those inquiries I would have learned nothing on the personal level, I would not have the cards I have and would not be looking forward to a new goal of 675.  

Amex PRG $??; Amex SPG $1,000; Amex BEC $1,000; Chase Freedom $3,000; Chase Freedom Unl $500; CapitalOne QS $1,100; Target $300; AmazonPrime Card $800

Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I finally hit over 700. Ex is 703, eq is 704 and tu is 714. Sad thing I have to many inquiries. 19, 33 and 40. My score is not good to anybody. I rather have 650 with 3 inqs. That is what I mean 700 is nothing. I only have myself to blame for trying so hard to build credit with history. Just when I hit 700 on all 3 and can't app on anything. Sad sad sad.

I have more than that in 2 years Smiley LOL but i hit it from june 15 through nov15, then took a little break let them age, then did a few more apps. So if all goes to plan by this november I'll be down to 4 on each and in january of next year those will be a year old. I'm saving the last one for chase hopefully in a years time. 

I tried to space thm evenly across each CRA so they all fell off together. I studied alot on the pull data base and here to see what was being pulled. 

Let them age and youll be golden! 

I'm currently holding off on more apps as i feel satisfied with what I've currently got - Amex PRG $??; Amex SPG $1,000; Amex BEC $1,000; Chase Freedom $3,000; Chase Freedom Unl $500; CapitalOne QS $1,100; Target $300; AmazonPrime Card $800 - Experian 671; EQ 686; TU 709. Most of my HP are on my Exp CR. You seem to be confident about where your HP will go when you app? Am I mistaken or is that what you're saying? I've tried to ask around if anybody knows what banks go to what CRA's.

Message 17 of 21
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

I am sure you can find a creditor to give you a new card with a 700 score and many INQ's, but then again do you really want or need a $300 or $500 SL that will grow slowly over the years. 

Wait 6 months, your score will probably grow by 20-30 pts. and you will start getting more credit card offers than you know what to do with, and when you pick a couple you want you will probably get a decent limit if your income is good  and keep your report clean. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 18 of 21
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Just an update, still have 60+ inq on EX and mid 700 scores, received a 42k Ritz Carlton approval and a 14.9k Citi Costco approval.. so 700 club still means a ton! IMO Smiley Happy
Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you you wait and garden it out current lines will grow future lines will have larger base limits. 

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.