cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

714 score! $25k personal loan here I come!

tag
loanbound
Established Member

Re: 714 score! $25k personal loan here I come!

Also I can't figure out if the 18.99% rate is set in stone at prosper. Since I am in the verification stage I am not listed yet. But I keep reading that the rates go down as it is funded and the end result could be much better. That part is very confusing but maybe it won't end up that high? Not sure how all that works, it isn't making much sense to me.

Starting Score: 646
Current Score: 741
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 21 of 25
kimmiller112
Frequent Contributor

Did you check into any financing the doctor's office may have?  Usually, they will work with one or two finance companies. 

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $6000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Message 22 of 25
kingmidas
New Contributor

I'm really surprised especially because credit unions are usually more generous if they have a relationship with you.  I gross 4700/mo, have a bankruptcy and charge offs, collections since then and my equifax was 631 and my credit union who I've been with 2 1/2 yrs approved me for $13,100 unsecured. I could have had 5-7,000 more if they didn't count student loans payments against me even though they are deferred for 3 more yrs : ( but the rate is 12.99. If you need the loan then go for it but 18.99 is steep as well.

Starting Score: myfico.comEQ 570 TU 614 EX (fako/experian.com) 565 5/24/12
Current Score: lender pulled EQ 672 TU 722 EX 692 as of 7/2/13
Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 23 of 25
loanbound
Established Member

Yeah I had high hopes for the credit union, but I just opened the account with them. I did it specifically for this loan. It didn't work out lol.
@ kimmiller112 and everyone who has been talking about carecredit and dr financing, I checked with my doctors office and the don't accept any medical credit type financing and do not offer payment plan. So there is that Smiley Sad My doctor is the very best there is in the u.s. and I'm not risking my results with another surgeon to save money.
The good news is prosper finally verified me and I list live tomorrow. I haven't slept in like 4 days because I am so nervous and anxious so they need to hurry up and fund me or I might die of exhaustion... Hahaha!
Wish me luck!!!

Message 24 of 25
loanbound
Established Member

FUNDED!!!!!!!!!!! In 30 minutes!!!!!!!!!!! Woop Woop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU PROSPER.COM and EVERYONE HERE!!!! Our discussions helped me so much!!! Holy moly it's real now!!!!! I am so excited and thankful!!! Yay!

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.