Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$9 credit limit returned check...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

$9 credit limit returned check...

ok I had a returned check for $9 that was from 5 years ago. isn't there something about the bare minimum you can report to CRA's?  I thought I read someting about it but still.  (It's paid but still doesn't look good)
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
cobra19
Valued Contributor

Re: $9 credit limit returned check...

It's unclear to me how this is reporting on your CR. Is it a 30-day late?
New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It reported from the CA as being severely past due closed acct credit limit $9.  But in the credit books I've read that there is a minimum amount that is fair to report.  And anything under that limit is...well just silly to report and affect someone's credit.  as in spending more than $9 to collect a $9 balance and impact someone's credit.
Message 3 of 5
cobra19
Valued Contributor

geeeeezzzz........, MJ - a $9 collection account? It is perfectly legal for it to be reported, but pretty silly. The thing of it is - even though it's only 9 bucks - it is hurting you!!!!

Cal the OC - apologize for the mixup (be apologetic, humble) and pay it in exchange for the OC removing it from your file.   
New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since the Op said that the $9 was already paid all he can do is ask for some goodwill. Call or write the oc and ask them to have this removed from your report.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.