cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A 19 year old's 1 year anniversary on myFICO - Over 100K credit!

tag
mrmichaelscott
Established Member

Re: An 18 year old's 5 month journey on myFICO

LOL you're set??  You have over $100k of credit, credit! credit!  We are not talking about $100k in your bank account.  Since when do people brag about how much they're in debt and how much credit I have that's so cool! This is all just giving you access to get yourself in a hole. If you ain't going to use it then why have the available credit?  Do you really think banks are dumb?  They're giving you credit just for fun?  They know for a fact that sooner or later you will leveage them to the max.  You can't say no and knock it all you want. Just keep in tread and look back 5 years from now okay.  We will circle back some time from now and re-assess.  Most of everyone here knows that life is not always smooth sailing.  There's always ups and downs.  Those who thinks they will never take a dip, they're always the first ones to bow out.  We just want to set you up with the right expectations.  We been through it.  We were there when 2008 and took a dip.  Fortunately, you were 12 years old and you didn't need to experience the horror.  Claim down and be humble.  you're on the right track, stay the course and ride steady

Message 31 of 36
805orbust
Valued Contributor

Totally agree mrmichaelscott I totally agree. Maybe the kid is just a rockstar.  Smiley Wink  I wish him well.

Message 32 of 36
Namaste7
Established Contributor

Re: A 19 year old's 1 year anniversary on myFICO - Over 100K credit!

I didn't have credit strategy, much financial knowledge or any assets at that age. Thanks OP for sharing your journey. Taking care of these relationships in the long-run will pay off for you when leveraging OPM.
~~MMXX~~
2024 Goal$
2023 Goal$
FICOs 760+
Message 33 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

He mentioned in recent posts that he is a student currently taking classes.
Message 34 of 36
tacpoly
Established Contributor

Sheridan_Smith wrote:
Family money would be my guess.

Perhaps he was given some funds by his family that he's parlayed to a sizable real estate portfolio. But if he's simply treating his family's money, property, and investments as his own, then that's much less impressive.
Message 35 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mrmichaelscott wrote:

LOL you're set??  

Hey there, welcome to FICO forums. I see that you're new here. I'm not bragging lol. That's what we say on credit card forums when we don't look for any more, therefore being "set" and not having to worry to get cards that we want. Just thought you should know.

Message 36 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.