Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A FICO Scoring Error, Not TU!

tag
fused
Moderator Emeritus

A FICO Scoring Error, Not TU!

After we just pulled DWs FICO scores I noticed only a slight difference in her reporting balances on CCs...1% overall util increase to 8% and what happens, EX up 8 points, EQ steady and TU drops 5 points. This got me thinking about yanking my credit because of an inq for a mortgage app on my EX report that is scheduled to fall off this month. So I yanked my credit right after we did DW's.

Great news my EX went from 738 to 755 with only one change, this inq falling off...that's 3 inqs to 2. I'm shocked with this increase for just one inq...also HAPPY!

Bad news my TU went from 792 to 761 with a big time FICO error. It seems now my Amex Gold charge card balance is factoring in FICOs revolving util% calculations. This account reports as other open account and these types of account are never suppose to factor in revolving util% calculations. My overall util% is really 6% now it's reporting 18%. What dingbats!

Message Edited by fused on 10-11-2007 12:13 PM
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: EX Up 17 Points, TU Drops 31 Points

so is that the type of thing you can dispute somehow? perhaps try to get AMEX to report it differently to the CRA's?
Message 2 of 3
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: EX Up 17 Points, TU Drops 31 Points

orhippychic wrote:
so is that the type of thing you can dispute somehow? perhaps try to get AMEX to report it differently to the CRA's?

The card is reporting accurately on TU, but it's how FICO scoring is including it in revolving util% calculations when it's not suppose to. My FAKO TU is not factoring this account in revolving util% calculations. This is not a TU dispute, this is something FICO needs to fix. I have never heard of disputing with FICO.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.