Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Great Success Story !

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

A Great Success Story !

June 07 my credit score where 515, 534, 541.  We where looking to refinance a rental house at the time and i didnt know what my credit looked like.  After pulling it, i found out there where a lot of things on my credit that i never knew exisisted.  Of course i didnt qualify for it at the time.  After reading up on this forum i learned alot and followed procedures and was very PATIENT.  Well just after 5 months i was able to get my score above 580 and was approved for a 30 year fixed on my rental property.  I was shocked because it was at the time of the mortgage crisis.  Anyways,  i was able to pay off alot of my debt from the money i received from my mortgage.  -------- Fast Foward ------

April 1, 2008 my credit score are 736EQ 715 TU 724EX.  I was approved for a house, which i am making my primary residence.  I have never owned my own house that is my primary residence always owned an investment property. 

People out there that are trying to clean your credit up pay attention to all that is said on this forum.  Be persistant and never give up.  DONT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER.  One of my baddie account was from CAP1 and i was able to remove it.  It took me about 8 months but it finally worked.  I worked and worked on CAP1 because not many have success with them.  NEVER EVER GIVE UP.  Dont get disappointed when it doesnt come off right away.  Just keep trying and trying.  I know i am saying TRY, TRY, TRY again and again but it is true. 

Thanks again to all that post

S
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: A Great Success Story !

That's a fabulous story! What an amazing score! 200+ points in just under 12 months! WOW.
Message 2 of 22
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

CONGRATS...you have a 60 day jump on me. Will join you by then.

What type of CapOne Baddie did you have and how did you get it removed?
Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

120 days late and that was removed as of today.  Before that, the scores where 674 TU 661 EQ 663 EX.  Eq jumped 73 points.  That is a WOW !!!

Message Edited by Someday on 04-01-2008 05:38 PM
Message 4 of 22
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Holy moly! It's amazing how one thing can affect so much. Was it a paid CO listing as 120 days? Did you bug them into submission?
Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I bugged them so much and got to the top of the managers.  Let me tell you, it WAS NOT EASY.  It was reporting as 30, 60 90 120 days late on my CR and yes it was paid off as of march 2008.  Only thing i did wrong was a removed an account that was from 1995 and was still on there and has some baddies on it.  I disputed it and it came off.  I lost about 35 point because of the age of my accounts.

Message Edited by Someday on 04-01-2008 05:48 PM
Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Freaking awesome! You are inspiring.
Message 7 of 22
adamkingadam
Regular Contributor

congrats!  Speaking of cap one's i was able to get two cap one charge off's deleted in one month's time.  I guess every case is different
Starting Scores: 1/1/2016
EX 600 EQ 598 TU 610
Current Fico Scores (9/2016):EX: 674 EQ: 678 TU: 689
Message 8 of 22
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

DAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG!

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 849
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 22
grneydangl
Frequent Contributor

Smiley SurprisedSmiley SurprisedSmiley SurprisedSmiley Surprised

I am just shocked.  Congrats big time!!!

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.