Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Junk Debtor

tag
wynona01
Regular Contributor

A Junk Debtor

Ok here is my situation, about two years ago i checked my credit report and saw a collection agency by the name of ER Solutions in reference to a waum overdrawn checking account which i never opened. I disputed the account and it fell off transunion and equifax.

Yesterday, i received a letter collection letter from RJM ACQUISITIONS LLC, in regarding the same account. It's not on my credit report, so today i wrote them a debt validation letter and sent the certified letter. Now, what i am wondering is within the 30 days are they allowed to put this account on my credit report? If they do not respond within the 30 days what are my next steps? I never had a wamu account so how can they validate something i never had? I just don't want any collection accounts on my credit reports, its hard enough trying to deal with the ones i currently have.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: A Junk Debtor

Whan a DV is sent BEFORE it is reported on CR....they can not report until after they answer the DV....if they do it is a violation! (as long as DV was sent to them within 30 days of receiving their first letter)
Message 2 of 4
wynona01
Regular Contributor

That's good to know, I just got the letter yesterday 03/07/08, the letter was dated on
February 28,2008. So, that's in within the 30 days. I will just wait and see what happens and i will keep you guy's updated.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would check your chex systems report as well. If somebody opened a checking account, it could very well keep you from opening any bank accounts in the future (5 years from charge off date).
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.