Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Small Victory...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: A Small Victory...

This country and its system are beyond redemption.

If the political system in this country was a computer, I would do a FORMAT C: and be done with it.

Unless you start crashing airplanes into skyscrapers, the U.S. government and the system don't give a hoot what any citizen thinks. It's impossible for anyone to effect positive political change in this country.

No, I'm going to leave, and as my plane flies out over the Atlantic, I'm going to give this country and its politicians the finger. And when the American Empire collapses (which is probably only five or ten years away), I'll invite all my neighbors over for a big party. I think plenty of people wherever I end up will be in quite a celebratory mood.
Message 21 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! Not on the child support thingSmiley Sad But definitely on the credit card issue and see you didn't have to wait until 2015 like you thought!! Worth the effort.
Message 22 of 39
smallfry
Senior Contributor

There's no place like home. The USA is still the best of a bad lot. I don't like the general direction but I'll choose the devil I know.
Message 23 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

smallfry wrote:
There's no place like home. The USA is still the best of a bad lot. I don't like the general direction but I'll choose the devil I know.

I was with you up until they started stealing almost $400 a month from me.

Ordinary taxes in America are onerous enough these days--now I have to pay a surtax for being a divorced father?  No thanks.  Child support in America is spelled C-O-M-M-U-N-I-S-M.  It's outright theft of my property.  I see it as no different than if someone walked up to me, put a .357 in my face, and demanded my wallet.  I would have every moral right to take whatever steps I felt necessary to protect myself and my property.

What really needs to happen to wake this country up is people like me--those who are intelligent and/or work for a living--need to just LEAVE.  Then what will happen to America?  America needs people like me far more than people like me need America.
Message 24 of 39
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Kalifornia must be rough. Nice weather but not for me. You have to pay child support agree? I mean if you were living together you would support the kids. I don't like a court decreeing what I should pay but we worked the figures out ourselves.
Message 25 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

smallfry wrote:
Kalifornia must be rough. Nice weather but not for me. You have to pay child support agree? I mean if you were living together you would support the kids. I don't like a court decreeing what I should pay but we worked the figures out ourselves.

For me it goes deeper than that.  There are two basic economic ideologies in the world.  One believes that you and everything you produce rightfully belongs to the State.  That ideology is called "communism," and managed to rack up tens of millions of corpses in the 20th century.  That is where the child support bureaucrats get their idea that somehow the State has the right to impose a special tax on me and steal what I produce.  They and their system are communist.

The other economic ideology holds that you are free, and that YOU should rightfully own what you produce, and decide what you want to do with it.  That ideology is called "capitalism," and it is the idea that I and other free people hold. 

What needs to happen to America is for all the free, able people like myself to leave.  We'll see how long the rest can get by on "from each according to his abilities, to each according to his needs."
Message 26 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another miracle...my TU Fico went from 617 to 644 in one month. About the only change I can think of is lower utilization...I'm down to 17% now from 44% before.

If not for the child support commies, I could probably be looking at buying a home sometime late in 2008.
Message 27 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats NWM, And I've been down the child support road myself, I've had my wages taken my income tax return taken had to miss work to go to court because she wanted more money. At that time she made more than i did. But that didn't stop them from taken more from me, and it still wasn't enough as i had countless phone calls to see if i had any money cause the kids need this or that. My final payment was in 2002 and you would of thought the world ended for her at that time. She tried for a 3rd time for more money but the state Denied her, it was within a year of his 18th birthday.
Message 28 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the congrats.

If my ex starts trying to get more money, I'll be on a plane to Kenya so fast her head will spin. I think she realizes this. Another factor is that her relationship with our daughter is already strained on general principles...she is old enough to know what her mother is doing, and she resents it already. I think if my ex did go after me for more money, she would have a lot of very tough and rather uncomfortable questions to answer from our child.

If I did end up having to emigrate, my ex's life would be hell, because not only would she have no money at all, but she would have a very resentful child who would be asking her every day why she got the government to drive Daddy out of the U.S. I don't think she wants to go there. So hopefully in the future I'll make enough money that my existing child support obligations won't be a financial strain (and I'll be able to set money aside in savings for my kid to go to college, get her first car, etc.).
Message 29 of 39
smallfry
Senior Contributor

18? I'm paying through the age of 21 or end of college whichever comes first. Ever hear the phrase its cheaper to keep her? LOL.
Message 30 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.