Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A little guidance

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

A little guidance

Hello everyone! I'm a new member to the forums, I've been reading on the forums for about a week now and finally decided to join. Need a little bit of guidance or advice.

I currently have one credit card with capital one platinum card with a CL of $501, and a CD with Kay Jewelers CL $1000. Experience credit score 666, Asia 7 months. Also creditwise has me at 691. Any suggestions to keep the score climbing would be greatly appreciated. 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: A little guidance

AAoA* not Asia sorry

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you supply a little bit more information like balances on each.  Any derog info like late, liens, judgments, bankruptacy?

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've never had any late payments, payments have always been 100% on time, no bankruptcy or liens, right now my balance on Capital1 is 49$, and Kay Jewelers 800$(working on getting that paid off now, bought an engagement ring).
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Once your AAoA hits 12 months you will see a jump but then get a better one at 24 months. Utilization needs to be below 9%.  Your file is very thin.  Two more cards in the long run will work wonders.  Just take your time. Credit was not built in a day.  Good luck onthe upcoming event.  

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome!! Have you pulled your FICO scores and reports. That would be a great place to start so you can have a reliable baseline of information concerning your credit profile.

Message 6 of 14
Berk
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Once your AAoA hits 12 months you will see a jump but then get a better one at 24 months. Utilization needs to be below 9%.  Your file is very thin.  Two more cards in the long run will work wonders.  Just take your time. Credit was not built in a day.  Good luck onthe upcoming event.  

This is what you need to remember. The fact that you are on the forums now is great. I started rebuilding 10 years ago. Took me a long time to even know these forums existed. Got serious about rebuilding 4 years ago. These forums are a huge help. Do your research and ask, ask, ask.

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all of the advice so far, so do you all think I should open another Credit Card now? Or wait?
Message 8 of 14
Berk
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Welcome!! Have you pulled your FICO scores and reports. That would be a great place to start so you can have a reliable baseline of information concerning your credit profile.

Do this first. 

And remember, credit isn't built in a day. If you have no pressing needs for more credit, I'd wait.

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just pulled my scores
As of 3/26/17 EQ 638, TU 668, EX 666
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.