cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A new account has been added to your credit report??

tag
aikam
Established Member

A new account has been added to your credit report??

I logged on to view the details and there is no credit grantor listed. It just shows the credit limit I was approved for and "credit card" listed as type. No details whatsoever. I called Myfico and Transunion and no one can tell me any anything. I was even told to pull a more current copy of my report (which I did) and I don't see anything. Has this happened to anyone else? I've been on an app spree and am curious. The account was opened on 6/12 and first reported to Transunion 6/21.
Thanks in advance
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: A new account has been added to your credit report??

TU takes a couple of days sometimes to fully show. It's happened to me with TU several times.
Message 2 of 12
aikam
Established Member

Thank you so much for your reply. I guess I'll find out soon enough. I spoke to another rep and was told that it could have possibly been a mistake or the credit grantor changed their mind and no longer wanted to offer me credit. I've never seen anything like this before. You would think that the company would inform you of an approval before alerting the credit bureau .
Message 3 of 12
elim
Senior Contributor

never had this.  that's why i spend the $15 to freeze all 3.

gl

Message 4 of 12
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I recall someone else having a similar issue recently, and I believe it eventually showed up. You may even be able to pull you true report and it might list it on there.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

So a new account was opened but you don't know who it is?

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

He said he went on an app spree so I could see that happening. When I applied for a card through BoA a couple years ago I received a 7-10 day message. My first notification that I wad approved was when it showed up as a new account on my credit report.
Message 7 of 12
aikam
Established Member

Myfico gave me a free promo code to access my Transunion report to see if the new account was added and it was not. They also said mistakes happen and I should ignore the alert if it's not showing on the updated report. This makes me nervous as I have been a victim of identity theft. Myfico says Transunion sends them the information. Transunion customer service is clueless and only offers a free report.
Message 8 of 12
aikam
Established Member

Yes, that is correct BrutalBodyShots.
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@aikam wrote:
Yes, that is correct BrutalBodyShots.

I mean, if you went on an app spree as you said it's quite likely that several accounts could badded to your credit reports... assuming you received approvals right?

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.