Did you mean: 

A penny for your thoughts: clds and future FICO scoring

tag
Calicurli
New Contributor

A penny for your thoughts: clds and future FICO scoring

Hi everyone -

Just curious to get your opinion:

Since it's apparently becoming the "in thing" now for a growing number of credit card companies to give clds (even to their most loyal cardholders), do you feel this could possibly bring about another change to FICO scoring down the line since util is part of the equation? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: A penny for your thoughts: clds and future FICO scoring

Given the problems of FOCO '08, I doubt it!!

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 6
Miner
Frequent Contributor

Considering how long it took them to adopt the current models, let alone Fico2008, sure we'll see a change.  I'm betting on around 2014.
Current FICO8: EQ:782, TU:754, EX:767 | 1x 30 day late 6yrs ago
AAoA: 10 years; AAoOA: 13 months; Credit Length: 21 years
INQ Eq: 3 / Tu: 5 (4 for auto) / Ex: 9 (5 for auto)
Message 3 of 6
cobra19
Valued Contributor

No - the repercussions of a cld will be a lowering of the average FICO score. However, IMO the credit crunch will not be as bad, nor last as long,  as everyone is predicting.
New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

My opinion is... Once things blow over the people left standing with out negs on their credit reports will be allowed CLI's again I think. It's a time where lenders don't know who is going to default from job loss or slow business... If people loose jobs they stop shopping and the business owner with perfect credit can't pay bills anymore. Lenders are waiting to see what happens and how this will affect all of us. Like preparing for a big storm. After the storm is over all goes back to normal. It is mostly fear controling things now to play it safe. I think it will blow over and return to normal. But they won't be giving out loans to people they know can't pay for them. Banks don't care about CLs to help our UTL and scoring. They just don't want the risk anymore.

As far as giving out pennies, after the $70bil bailout you might need to offer nickles due to inflation. Smiley Sad bad joke. Honestly my outlook is pretty good. Just frustrating right now becuase we have to wait it out. I expect the greedy CEOs will realize they have to extend credit to make money.

Just work on the same stuff you have been, trying to raise scores and when things settle down it will be normal for you. However people with multiple collections and negs will definitely have a harder time. I bet we are going to be graded right now for furutre credit risk later. Those that have been able to keep things going well right now will have proved we are better credit risks in hard times. So keep going and doing and don't worry so much right now, any damage in CLDs can be reversed soon enough after this fear settles.

I would imagine lates on mortgages might be scored as more important in next ver of FICO. 

Message Edited by ilovepizza on 10-20-2008 07:29 PM
Message 5 of 6
Calicurli
New Contributor

Thank you, everyone who's posted so far.  Appreciate your sharing. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.