Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A random hard inquiry?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

A random hard inquiry?

I riecieved a hard inquiry last month by "NATIONAL CREDIT REPO" I didn't authorize this, nor do I owe anyone money. I have never even had a late payment.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: A random hard inquiry?

Did you initiate any recent business transactions that may have given rise to the business wanting to review your credit?

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I riecieved a hard inquiry last month by "NATIONAL CREDIT REPO" I didn't authorize this, nor do I owe anyone money. I have never even had a late payment.

I don't think the 'repo' refers to what you think it does.  I believe the HP is from National Credit Report.  Now why they pulled an inquiry I don't know.  Maybe you authorized them to pull your reports?  

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

That makes more sense. I didn't authorize them and my most recent app was chase. I recieved a hard inquiry from them already however.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

That makes more sense. I didn't authorize them and my most recent app was chase. I recieved a hard inquiry from them already however.

It's looks like some credit monitoring service so not sure why they would pull your report.  I know the CRA has to provide the permissible purpose given by the agency pulling your credit but I'm not sure if up you do that via dispute or what.  RobertEG would know better

Message 5 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If you desire any information that is not provided in credit reports, that is the purpose of FCRA 609(a), which entitles a consumer to any information in their credit file at the time of the request.  Common items typically include the reported DOFD or a statement of permissible purpose associated with a credit rinquiry.

You would not dispute until you have obtained a statement of permissible purpose provided to a CRA, and you can then challenge their stated purpose as not bein applicable.

Section 609(a) requests require submission of proof of identity along with the currrent processing fee, which is $11.00/

Message 6 of 7
extratwice

Zack,If you feel this is from National Credit Report, please contact us via email us at custmercare@nationalcreditreport.com. We'd like to help you get this resolved. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.