cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A warning about EXPERIAN for those of you who have opted out recently.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

A warning about EXPERIAN for those of you who have opted out recently.

Hello, I recently opted out over the phone by calling the 1-888-5-OPTOUT phone number. It was automated and said they would contact all three credit reporting agencies to opt me out. Equifax and transunion showed me as opted out on their reports a week later. It says "File blocked for promotional purposes" on the credit report. Experian report didnt show this. A month goes by, still nothing. I called up experian and the rep said there was no record of me wanting to be opted out. Hmmm sneaky. I smell conspiracy. She said she would take care of it for me. So just watch out everyone, you might want to double check if you are opted out. I know experian must lose alot of money by not being able to sell your file to junk debtors and credit card companies, so I dont think its a coincidence that they may accidently somehow lose your request for this to be done.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: A warning about EXPERIAN for those of you who have opted out recently.

Very interesting.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where is this listed in the report?
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

For equifax its listed under personal information, Tu it is at the end of the report under "Special Messages" section. For EXP I dont know where it would be listed since it wasnt on mine. If anyone knows, where it would list, please post.
Message 4 of 8
zep
Valued Member

I also have the same thing. I have opted out since last year. TU adn EQ list the OPT-OUT in my report. Experian does not. I wrote to them and they provided me with an opt out form which I sent back but there is nothing noted in my CR.

Experian is also my lowest score and the one I have had most difficulties with in changing innacurate items.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

they do not cooperate with my fico.  Most of the EX report from my fico is based on TU or EQ info.  Check out. there are no scales on their report. However, they are great when you go direct.  ????
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

SO TRUE!

I just got my updated EX CR and it's not in the consumer statement!

They are truly working my nerves.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just checked and did not see anything. Would it be under consumer statements on file?
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.