Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AAFES/Military Star card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AAFES/Military Star card?

Hey all, I'm in the military and have a Military Star card.  This is the only account that I have that has some late payments reported. 

1 - 60 day late in 2003
1 - 30 day late in 2003
1 - 30 day late in 2004

I'm just curious if anyone here has this card and has had any success trying to work with AAFES in getting lates removed prior to the 7 year mark. 

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks much! 
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AAFES/Military Star card?

Never hurts to try!

I always tell people to make an attempt even if others have been unsuccessful.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed!  I suppose I'll give it a shot and see how I make out.  Cheers!
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

usafjay wrote:
Agreed!  I suppose I'll give it a shot and see how I make out.  Cheers!

And if they deny you on the first, try try again!
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

usafjay wrote:
Hey all, I'm in the military and have a Military Star card.  This is the only account that I have that has some late payments reported. 

1 - 60 day late in 2003
1 - 30 day late in 2003
1 - 30 day late in 2004

I'm just curious if anyone here has this card and has had any success trying to work with AAFES in getting lates removed prior to the 7 year mark. 

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks much! 

Hey!  I tried to respond to this the other day but i kept getting disconnected.  I am in the Marines over here taking care of business in Iraq atm.  Anyways, i am very familiar with the DPP/Star program as it was my first CC i ever signed up for in 1993.

Here is the GW letter i sent a few months ago concerning a few late payments.  I left the address that i sent it to in the draft.  I figure you enter in your info into the letter and you should be good to go, it took roughly 30 days after i sent the letter for the late payments to disappear from my credit reports, but as always, YMMV.  Also, EQ and EX both udpated quickly but i had to call DPP/Star again for them to resubmit their paperwork for TU to report, this took another 15 days ish.

Robo

First MI Last
Address
City, State Zip

Date (Month Day, Year)

Military Star
Attn: Credit Reporting
P.O Box 650410
Dallas, TX 75265-0410

Regarding:  Account #

To Whom It May Concern,

I have been a Military Star customer since YEAR and during that time I have enjoyed my experience with Military Star greatly.  I am writing to see if you would be willing to make a goodwill adjustment to your reporting to the three credit bureaus.  I have numerous late payments on the above referenced account that date back from the earliest on MONTH/DATE to the latest on MONTH/YEAR.  Since MONTH/YEAR, I have been an exceptional customer paying every month on time.

Because of my exceptional payment history over the last YEARS, I would like you to consider removing the negative payments from my credit report.  At the time of the late payments, there were various reasons for me being late, INSERT EXCUSE HERE.   I give these excuses not to justify why the payments were late, but rather to show that the late payments are not a good indicator of my actual credit worthiness.  I hope that Military Star is willing to work with me on erasing this mark from my credit reports.

I have been a very happy customer in the past and hope to continue a long relationship with Military Star.  With today’s credit industry so competitive, I know how important it is to maintain good relationships with customers.  Military Star has been exceptional in my book so far and I highly recommend it to all my Marines, friends and relatives.  I hope that you will consider my request and prove once again, why Military Star is heads above the rest.  I look forward to your reply.

If you need any more information concerning this matter, please send me an email at ILOVEMYCREDIT@PLEASEFIXIT.COM.  Thank you for your time on this matter and again, any help will be greatly appreciated. 

Sincerely,

First MI Last
Branch of Service   Rank

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome!!!!!!!  Thanks for the template.  I'll be sure to use it and I'll let you know what the response is.  Thanks so much for the reply!

Jason
Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go for it!!
Message 7 of 8
thegoat

I just sen the letter out to them about 10 days ago should I call them and see if they got my letter or wait till they respond?
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.