Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AAOA help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AAOA help

July 1st my AAOA increased to 5 months. Is it possible to calculate when it will hit 12 months (I'm not going to app again until it does). Is it as simple as it increasing one month every month so that AAOA will be 12 months at the end of January? I'm trying to calcuate when I can leave the garden. Thanks.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

Re: AAOA help

Yep if your profile is that thin.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP, profile May not be thin...recent app spree can cause big dip in AAOA...
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just use Excel for my AAoA.

I have one card on each line and use the formula "=DATEDIF(K3,K$2,"m")" to calculate the age in months where K3 is the approval date and K2 is "=TODAY()". I then use the formula "=AVERAGE(L3:L4)" to caluclate the, well, average. Just update your cell references and boom instant self-updating calculator. Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, AAoA will grow by 1 month each month assuming no changes are made with respect to accounts... such as adding new accounts, old accounts dropping off, etc.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks BrutalBodyShots

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any time.  Also keep in mind that in terms of FICO scoring, AAoA thresholds are believed to be at whole numbers... so if you are at 1.1 or 1.9 years you are scored the same.  A scoring increase would happen the month after you are at 1.9, as you'd reach 2.0 so instead of being scored as "1 year" you'd be scored as "2 years" in terms of AAoA.  Using this thought process, one can more or less determine when they'll cross the next whole number, which could result in a scoring gain.  I say "could" because no one knows for sure if thresholds exist at every year, or if some years are binned together like 3-4, 5-6, etc.  I believe the max in terms of scoring benefit is realized between 7-8 years, though.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

To our OP:

It looks like you have no installment accounts (open or closed).  If so, you would be a great candidate for the Share Secure Loan Technique.  If it looks like something you might want to try, then it makes more sense to do it now than to wait till 2018.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/Adding-an-installment-loan-the-Share-Secu...

PS.  Kudos to you for your discipline to enter the garden and stay they for at least 7 months.  If you were to add the SS loan, enter the garden and then wait there till the SS loan was 1 year old, your scores would be really high.  (All your inquiries would have dropped off FICO's radar, your Age of Youngesr account would be > 1 year, and a wonderful credit mix).

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.