Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AAoA Calculation?

tag
FocusOnFICO
Regular Contributor

Re: AAoA Calculation?

Thanks---that's great information.  I have two Amex accounts with 19+ years.....

Starting Score: TU 766 EQ 788
Current Score: TU 788 EQ 811
Goal Score: TU 800 EQ 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 18
Dee2
New Contributor

Thanks again to all.  And thanks for the congrats on the new card. I think I was able to calculate the numbers correctly.  I was going off the actual AAoA off the last Equifax Report I pulled back in March.  According to my calculations my AAoA will come down by a few months, but it looks like it will still be a little over the 6 year mark.  More like 6 years and 3 months is what I came up with.

Now I'm sitting on pins and needles trying to figure out how much of a hit my Fico credit score will take.  My Fico score is 708.  I figure I will take a hit for the inquiry and once again when the cards is activated or starts reporting.  Not sure in what order.  I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed and hoping that I will be able to hold my fico somewhere in the 690 range.

Thanks again all

~Dee

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't be surprised if your score goes up a bit. It often does when you add a new account with a large CL.

And even if it does go down temporarily, it will rise higher after 6 months or so.

Message 13 of 18
bigtim
Frequent Contributor

I've taken my myFICO EQ report, taken my 13 accounts listed and used the Date Opened date to calculate the AAoA, and I get 5 yrs 4 mos. My report says AAoA = 4 years?

I've tried every which way, rounded down the months, etc. and still get the same. Any Ideas what I might be doing wrong?

Here's the actual "Date Opened" Dates from the report:

May-09 Feb-09 Feb-09 Feb-09 Jul-09 Mar-07 Apr-09 Oct-06 Sep-85 Sep-05 Mar-05 Sep-88 May-00
---------------------------------------------------------------
Recent Cards:
12/2012 - Discover (ICL 3,375 CLI to 5,375 05/2014)
12/2013 - Chase Freedom (ICL 3,500 ACLI to 4,500 07/2014)
03/2012 - Gander Mountain MC (WFNNB) 7,000 CL
04/2012 - Ace Rewards Visa (US Bank) 12,000 CL
Back to gardening for a year or two
Message 14 of 18
FocusOnFICO
Regular Contributor

My calcuations net 5.13 years.

Starting Score: TU 766 EQ 788
Current Score: TU 788 EQ 811
Goal Score: TU 800 EQ 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 18
cobaltnv
Established Contributor

@bigtim wrote:

I've taken my myFICO EQ report, taken my 13 accounts listed and used the Date Opened date to calculate the AAoA, and I get 5 yrs 4 mos. My report says AAoA = 4 years?

I've tried every which way, rounded down the months, etc. and still get the same. Any Ideas what I might be doing wrong?

Here's the actual "Date Opened" Dates from the report:

May-09 Feb-09 Feb-09 Feb-09 Jul-09 Mar-07 Apr-09 Oct-06 Sep-85 Sep-05 Mar-05 Sep-88 May-00
Are any of these accounts listed as disputed or under review?   

TU 810: EQ 813: EX 814 (9/16/09--Loan officer pull)

Helpful Threads
Frequently Requested Threads
Understanding your Fico Score
Message 16 of 18
geepah25

you can get a true fico for 2.99 a month from M&T bank by opening up a checking account, min $5, and get your fico once a month...that is a bargain considering others, not mentioning name, charge $20!!!  Also try Cr. Karma, its free, no cc and is fako but pretty darn close and gives other scores, like vantage, insurance etc, all truely free! 

Message 17 of 18
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Just FYI, the thread you ares responding to is nearly 4 years old.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.