Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AAoA Question

tag
CreditJunkie917
Frequent Contributor

AAoA Question

My 3 oldest accts are my student loans. They happen to be in default(but being rehabbed). Doesn't it matter if they are currently derogatory, or does FICO and the other monitoring services only count closed accts and accts in good standing?

Amex PRG(NPSL), Amex BCE($5K), Amex Hilton($1K), NavCheck ($15K), NFCU CR Siggy($20K), USAA Amex($7K), USAA World MC($7K), CSP($2.3K), Chase Marriott($1.8K), Care Credit($2.5K), Cap1 QS($3.5K), VS($500), Cap1 Secure($200) Starting Scores(Jan 2013): FICO EQ: 643, TU: 552, EX: 567 Current Scores(Sept. 2016): FICO EQ: 672, TU: 703(?), EX: 682 In the Garden FOR-EV-ER!!!!! Cards and goals achieved! Let's grow and mature these babies!!!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: AAoA Question

@CreditJunkie917 wrote:

My 3 oldest accts are my student loans. They happen to be in default(but being rehabbed). Doesn't it matter if they are currently derogatory, or does FICO and the other monitoring services only count closed accts and accts in good standing?

All accounts are counted closed,open any on your CR no matter stauts i.e. derog or good standing

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 8
CreditJunkie917
Frequent Contributor

ok, that makes sense. with that being said, my file says my oldest acct is 8.1 yrs old and avg age is 3.6 yrs

Amex PRG(NPSL), Amex BCE($5K), Amex Hilton($1K), NavCheck ($15K), NFCU CR Siggy($20K), USAA Amex($7K), USAA World MC($7K), CSP($2.3K), Chase Marriott($1.8K), Care Credit($2.5K), Cap1 QS($3.5K), VS($500), Cap1 Secure($200) Starting Scores(Jan 2013): FICO EQ: 643, TU: 552, EX: 567 Current Scores(Sept. 2016): FICO EQ: 672, TU: 703(?), EX: 682 In the Garden FOR-EV-ER!!!!! Cards and goals achieved! Let's grow and mature these babies!!!
Message 3 of 8
myjourney
Super Contributor

@CreditJunkie917 wrote:

ok, that makes sense. with that being said, my file says my oldest acct is 8.1 yrs old and avg age is 3.6 yrs

Every time you open a new TL is when the avg changes 3.6 is not bad at all

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 8
CreditJunkie917
Frequent Contributor

Thanks!

Message 5 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@CreditJunkie917 wrote:

All accounts are counted closed,open any on your CR no matter stauts i.e. derog or good standing

Except CA and PRs.

Message 6 of 8
CreditJunkie917
Frequent Contributor

OK, that makes sense. That's why I see the hit on my AAoA. Once those accts come out of collections and report current as paid as agreed, then is it safe to assume my AAoA will reset?

Message 7 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditJunkie917 wrote:

OK, that makes sense. That's why I see the hit on my AAoA. Once those accts come out of collections and report current as paid as agreed, then is it safe to assume my AAoA will reset?

If you have charge-offs reporting as a CO, and then report as a positive, AAoA will not change. If the COs hit 7 yrs and end up deleting instead of updating, then AAoA could then change.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.