Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AAoA of accounts when merged

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AAoA of accounts when merged

All,

I waited several months for cap1 prequailfy site to approve me for a QS card and they finally did at the end of Feb for 10k..   I did not want a QS1 or a venture only a QS card would do for me and I refuse to have over 3 pulls active on my reports.  I dont travel that much so cash back cards are what I am focused on.   My question is now that I have my QS card I dont for see myself using the plat. card at all anymore.   If I asked cap1 to combine the cards I assume the limits would merge which is what I want.   But my real question is how does that affect my average age of accounts. I have tried and tried to get cap1 to upgrade my plat. card and its seems stuck at a 2.5k limit and chat keeps saying there are no product upgrades avaiable for me at this time.   Funny thing is I have rolled 3.5k through the qs card paying in full as I go before the first bill has even cut.   I would not mind if they upgraded the plat. card to qs1 MC.    Think there would be any luck getting on chat and saying look what I did with my other card.  I would have used my plat. but the limit wont support what I want to do with the card.   In truth I have 0% intrest until Nov. on the QS card and I am really loving that 1.5% cash back.  BTW I am very happy with cap1.   They and Ford are really supportive of me.     

Thanks!!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AAoA of accounts when merged

It won't for 10 years.

The account that's closed will be marked as closed and contribute to your AAoA for 10 years after closing, at which point it will fall off your file.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AAoA of accounts when merged

ic thanks.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.