Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AAoA tanked after selling house?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AAoA tanked after selling house?

So glad we were all able to help. 

I am a big fan of Karma.  I love it that you can get the full reports at two different bureaus as often as once a week.  All for free.  And on top of that, you get your Vantage score, which is an important model to keep your eye on for the future.  It's quite possible that we'll see many more lenders using it down the road.

But... that summary software at Karma gives very misleading information about AAoA and AOA.  What's funny is that the way the summary page ignores closed accounts is not even the way Karma's own score works!  Vantage counts closed and open accounts equally as far as age related factors, just like FICO does.

Be sure to set yourself up with all the free tools you might need.  Credit.com will complete your "Vantage" picture by giving you a free Vantage score drawn on Experian data.  It also has summary software but in their case it is actually an accurate gage of what your true AAoA and AOA are.  (Note: you may have to hunt a bit on the web site to find your Vantage score.)

Get the monthly free Experian report I mentioned as well.

Two or three times a year, if I were you I would also sign up for the $1 free trial at Credit Check Total.  Do that on the same day that you pull all three Vantage scores.  Then record all six scores (three FICO 8 and three Vantage) and you will be able to start getting a sense of how to guess your FICO 8 score from what your Vantage is.  You can only do that by pulling all six scores a few times a year and seeing how they differ.

Will you be buying another house in the next few years?

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope, we just moved into our dream home.  Smiley Happy

I also currently use Credit.com for the Exp FAKO in my sig...  I was not aware of CCT though so thank you for that tidbit.  I love all these tools.  Heart

Message 12 of 13
newhis
Valued Contributor

I'm glad that all is good.

I hope CK change that page to include closed accounts.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.