Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACCOUNT CLOSED PER CONSUMER REQUEST

tag
TryingVeryHard
Frequent Contributor

ACCOUNT CLOSED PER CONSUMER REQUEST

Is it not the obligation of the CREDITOR to report to the CRA that an account was closed because it was requested by the DEBTOR, if it was the case?

If creditor failed to include such notice, is there any course of action that can be initiated by the consumer?

Thanks
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ACCOUNT CLOSED PER CONSUMER REQUEST

You can ask the CRA to change the status or ask to add your own statement.  I don't know if it will impact your score.
Message 2 of 3
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Re: ACCOUNT CLOSED PER CONSUMER REQUEST

If it was closed by consumer... it's reporting inaccurately if it says grantor.  As far as anyone knows, they are scored the same but closed by grantor obviously does not look as good on a manual review.

Start with calling the creditor to correct, unless there is any potential of accurate derogs reporting with the update.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.