Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADVICE ... NEED TO GET OUT OF SUB PRIME HELL

tag
Cognac
Established Member

Re: ADVICE ... NEED TO GET OUT OF SUB PRIME HELL

I bank with WAMU will that help?  And should I apply now or wait until my balances are at 10%?  Also, just called FB and Applied and they will give an increase with a "charge" of 200.

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cognac wrote:
I bank with WAMU will that help?  And should I apply now or wait until my balances are at 10%?  Also, just called FB and Applied and they will give an increase with a "charge" of 200.

for get FB...apply to WAMU...if the bank is near you go in & apply...works better in person
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

If your score is in the 680s and your util is ~ 35% there is no reason to wait. If you bank at Wamu now, go into your local branch and apply for a card. If it is over a 1k limit your util % will drop into the 20% range which will raise your FICO.

Who is FB? First Premier has a link online that says they charge $25 IF they approve your CLI. HH is who Hilton Honors? If so there should be no charge for a CLI. Applied I wouldn't even worry about.

I just logged into my FP account....here is the blurb on CLIs:

Upon your request PREMIER Bankcard will review your account for a possible credit limit increase. If the credit limit increase is approved, your account will be billed a ** Credit Limit Increase Fee ** of $25.00. Click the Submit button to have your account reviewed for an increase. Please note that while we do take your credit score into consideration, we do not access your credit file as a result of this request. Therefore no additional inquiry is recorded on your credit bureau report.

Message Edited by bamf70 on 08-23-2007 04:24 PM
Message 13 of 15
Cognac
Established Member

HH is Household Bank.  I will go to the First Premier Bank website and look for the $25 link/charge and do it online.   

I will also do WAMU in person. 
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have heard that once you get your CLI from FP you can call them and ask them to refund your CLI increase fee. I BELIEVE they will do it most times.
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.