Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AFNI-BLOOM HELP

tag
gerty
Established Member

AFNI-BLOOM HELP

AFNI-BLOOM purchased collections accounts for Charter Communications (cable provider). They have a $49 charge off listed as an installment account on my CR. The date reported is 12/05...I haven't had cable with Charter since at least 2003. When I closed my Charter account, I did owe $127 which I paid to another collection agency at least 3 years ago.

I disputed the charge and it was confirmed by AFNI...I've heard they are a*holes to deal with. There are several problems with this...it isn't an installment account (which AFNI has reported it being) and I haven't had service with Charter when they said I incurred the debt. What is my next course of action? I know I could simply pay the $ but it's not my debt and I'm not paying it!!!!! Can someone lead me down the right path as to where to start?? Thanks!!!!!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AFNI-BLOOM HELP

DV them CMRRR. I got a bogus bill from them as well and I sent them a DV. Never heard from them, never showed up on my report. They knew it was bogus.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

NEVER EVER GIVE UP!!!!!!!  It took awhile but I kept at it .

Nancy Poe
Dispute Resolution Spec
Better Business Bureau
bbb@heart.net
RE: CASE#: 1901xxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx Afni, Inc Account 0063xxxxxxxx & 0xxxxxxx
Dear Ms. Poe:
This is in response to your letter to Afni, Inc., regarding the above referenced matter. It is Afni's desire to work with consumers to assist them in resolving the questions and concerns that they may have about their accounts. In that regard, Afni has closed Afni Inc. account number 006xxxxxxxxx and notification will be sent directly to Mr. xxxxxxxxx. Afni will also send notification to the credit reporting agencies with instructions to delete the account.
In reference to the letter the consumer received from our office regarding Afni Inc. account number xxxxxxxxxxxx, Afni required additional information from the consumer regarding his dispute. This account remains due and owing. Should the consumer require further information, he is welcome to contact a representative at 866.857.7209. Thank you for your assistance in this matter.
Sincerely,

Amy Acree
Compliance Associate
Afni, Inc.
404 Brock Drive
Bloomington, IL 61701

MY RESPONSE

In reference to account number 024xxxxxxxx I spoke to a representative of the original creditor Sprint/Embarq inquiring about the above account and no record was found using the account number provided by the copys of a bill that was provided by AFNI, no account was found using my social security number, or my name. I therefore state that no such account exists and all collection activities and reference to this account on my credit report should be null and void.
It has damaged my credit rating far too long and I will continue my efforts to correct this by any means necessary

Message 3 of 5
gerty
Established Member

RALPH,
How long ago did you receive the letter from AFNI?? I'm just wondering because I could use the same contact information to send letters if it was fairly recent. I'd rather have a name to send letters to as opposed to juse anyone in the building. Thanks for your help!!
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just received that email from my post above yesterday, it was in response to my complaint to the BBB and that was their reply that they were going to delete the account.

This has been going back and forth for about 3 months and the crazy thing is I evan faxed them a PFD 3 weeks in a row and they never responded. Then out of the blue they agree to delete the account. I'm still working on the second account hope to receive the same news.

Good Luck

Afni, Inc.
P.O Box 3427
Bloomington Illinois 61702

Or
Afni Inc
Amy Acree
404 Brock Drive
Bloomington Ill 61701
ph 309 828-5226  ext 3358
fax 309 820 7005
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.