Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AGGGGH, a CA for medical collection!

tag
missgamecock
Contributor

AGGGGH, a CA for medical collection!

Man every time I get one item cleared another one pops up. This one is for $20 for an MRI copay. I was in an accident Feb 2006. No fault and my health insurance have been fighting out who is responsible for payment. One minute my no fault will say it's not paying, only to pay for the item (gee I think having a lawyer has helped persuade them in that issue). Then they send me for an IME and deny me again. This is something No fault should have paid and didn't. So my health insurance picked it up. They sent the $20 copay to collections. So what do I do now so I don't screw it all up. I'll pay the $20. There has been an 800 # calling my house but has left no messages. I don't ever pick up on an 800 or unknown number. They sent me a letter for it. The CA is Outsource Receivables Management, Inc. Arcade, NY.They have the correct imaging place listed and the dollar amount would be what my copay would be under my health insurance.

The letter says "The above referenced account has been referred to our office for collection and requires your attention. You may take advantage of this opportunity to resolve your debt by calling 1-800-325-2712 and speak directly to an account representative. Unless you notify this office within 30 days after receiving this notice that you dispute the validity of this debtor any portion thereof, this office will assume the debt is valid. If you notify this office in writing within 30 days from receiving this notice, this office will: obtain verificatin of the debt or obtain a copy of a judgement and mail you a copy of such judgement or verification. If you request this office in writing within 30 days after receiving this notice, this office will mail you the name and address of the original creditor, if different from the current creditor. Unless you contact this office within the next 30 days this account may be reported to the major credit reporting bureaus. NYC License #1105732. This is an attempt to collect a debt by a debt collector. Any information obtained will be used for that purpose. Then they ask for my credit card number."

So what to do to make sure this doesn't show up on my credit report? Dv them? Should I contact the imaging place and pay directly to them and then dispute with the CA? Do I dv the CA and then do a PFD? HELPPPPPP. Thanks!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
missgamecock
Contributor

Re: AGGGGH, a CA for medical collection!

Bump. Anyone?
Message 2 of 4
My_dog_FICO
Regular Contributor

I'm a newbie, but I'll try to answer for some of the experts.

scenario 1
1 - call the imaging place and see if they still have the debt or if they actually sold it to the CA.  If they just assigned it to the CA, pay the imaging place and require a receipt showing paid in full.
2 - send a copy of the receipt via CMRRR to the CA stating that the debt has been paid in full and they are to stop contacting you.  Do NOT use the words cease and decist - that implies you do not wish to work with the CA in any form or fashion and immediately puts you on the list of customers they will file judgements against.  Add a line about since they never owned the debt and that it has been paid in full, they legally cannot report this account to the credit bureaus.

scenario 2
1 - the imaging place says that they did sell the debt
2 - send the CA a CMRRR letter stating that you will settle the debt for the amount requested as long as they will not report anything to the CRAs.  When they return a written response agreeing to do so, send them a certified check, and copy of the agreement with your signature, via CMRRR again.

Please let us know which scenario worked for you.  It will help others with a similar situation.
11/14/07 TU 567 - EQ 561 - EX 577
11/29/07 TU ??? - EQ 573 - EX ???
12/10/07 TU ??? - EQ 579 - EX ??? - 60% util - OOPS!
Message 3 of 4
missgamecock
Contributor

I didn't want to take a chance of it showing up on my credit reports. So I sent a PFD. I just explained that I had been in a car accident Feb 06  and that I thought my no fault and health insurance had paid this. In the spirit of compromise, I would pay if they would delete all negative info. It is not showing on my credit reports yet. Used a letter in FAQs and tweaked it for my situation. Seeing it is $20, I am betting they bite.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.