Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMERICAN EXPRESS NOT UPDATED ON EXPERIAN

tag
rom828
Established Contributor

AMERICAN EXPRESS NOT UPDATED ON EXPERIAN

Not sure if I'm posting this in the right place, but I trust one of our much esteemed MODs will move it if it's not.

On the last EX FICO I got in Feb.,   Amex's last reporting date was in August!  EQ and TU had much more current info;;only about a month behind.

On current EX CreditSecure, Amex is still not updated since August on EX, but TU and EQ have current info.

I know Amex has a reputation for 'tardy' reporting, but this is ridiculous!! Smiley Mad

Can or should I dispute w/EX to get the info updated??  

I sure hope it won't be necessary to call Amex!!  I try to stay completely under their radar as much as possible since all the CLDs etc started.

I'd appreciate any thoughts and advices!!

FICOS: TU 732(05-16-16) EQ '08 739( 05-16-16) EX 737 (08-17-16)
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AMERICAN EXPRESS NOT UPDATED ON EXPERIAN

I have the same problem with my Amex Plat card. The last time it was updated on EX was last August too. I haven't been able to resolve this matter, but it doesn't matter, I'm kicking Amex to the curb later this month and I'm closing the card.
Message 2 of 7
rom828
Established Contributor

Thanks, fused....for the reply and moving me to the right spot!  Guess it's not worth trying to dispute, although my August balances were quite a bit higher than current ones.

I hear ya about kicking 'em to the curb!  I   have about $1400 left on Blue and when it's paid off have no intention of using further.  (stupidly did a BT  when it was new 04-08).

I do use my Green, but actually am "rearranging" my spending to start just using my Discover and PIF just like I do for Green.

I was so thrilled to get my Amexes,  but after reading about all the CLDs and other madness being done to long time good paying customers, like the song says, "the thrill is gone"!!!   

Message 3 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I've noticed that CreditSecure does not update nearly as promptly as TrueCredit did. I've seen too many instances of old balances showing on CS, and then I pull TC, and they're updated. What's truly odd is that TU updates more quickly on CS than does EX, and since Experian owns CS, that seems completely bass-ackwards.

CS also shows bogus dates of updates. I'm really unhappy with it.

It's possible that AmEx is updated on your EX, but CS isn't showing it.

I'm wondering if CS only accesses reports once a week or something, no matter how often you pull. I just don't get the consistently late updating.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 7
rom828
Established Contributor

Hauling, I agree that CS doesnt really appear to be 'timely' with its reporting.

I signed on with CS just to help me monitor my reports, so having old info doesnt help very much!

I have Scorewatch, too, and if I get an alert or change on EQ that changes the score, then I might pull TU as well.  Since we cant get EX FICO anymore, I figured the CS might help me have some idea what's happening there, too. (I realize CS scores are FAKOs, but I can at least see if I have any up or down movement).

And actually, my last  report direct (2 weeks old)  from Experian has 08-08 as the last update from Amex!!   

Even though makes my EX utilization worse, not sure if it's worth rocking the Amex boat to call them or to dispute with EX?!?!

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rom828 wrote:

And actually, my last  report direct (2 weeks old)  from Experian has 08-08 as the last update from Amex!!   

Even though makes my EX utilization worse, not sure if it's worth rocking the Amex boat to call them or to dispute with EX?!?!

Same situation here, same last reporting date. I did an online dispute through CS, 'incorrect balance.'
Within several days EX was reporting a -0- balance on my Amex and it has remained at -0-. 

Message 6 of 7
rom828
Established Contributor

Very encouraging, Anderson! 

I think I'll give it a shot!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.