cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX 5000 limit to 4100 limit.what to do??

tag
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AMEX 5000 limit to 4100 limit.what to do??

Noah_Bodie wrote:

fused111 wrote:

I do not believe much of the stuff I have read over there.  They say, "well the the CA's are sleazy and always breaking the law so we consumers should be able to behave the same way."  CB and CIC are not for me.

Are you similarly dissuaded from believing any of the numerous and recent lawsuit awards for over $100K, one for $800K, because the credit industry doesn't know the meaning of following the law?

Perhaps, I just seemed to have run into some real grouchy folks over there.  I'm no longer in repair mode and come to this forum to remain this way.  I like the crowd here much more.  My first post on CIC was merely an innocent question and instead of being nicely greeted like one would usually be here, I was called a newbie ( that's fine, I do not claim to be an expert).  I was sharply criticized for not wanting to be tougher with debt collectors and that I must love CA's.  Of course nothing could be further from the truth.  In the end, nobody at that thread made any attempt to assist me and suggested I am clueless.  So I decided to be a man walk away and not say anything.  I equate this with someone's choice to not listen to certain types of music or watch certain tv shows.  If I don't like it I change the station.Smiley Happy
Message 21 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX 5000 limit to 4100 limit.what to do??

All credit card companies review your credit each month when they report your account to the CRA. Credit card companies will raise your rates or decrease CL if they feel the need. It sounds like AMEX is reveiwing their lending policies and making changes that they feel need to be made to prevent excesive loss. This happens often, a good example is subprime mortgage lenders tightening their standards.
Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.